MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum

The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum Specialized knife making tips, technique and training for "ultra precision" design work enthusiasts.

Old 08-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Living Legend

Sandy,

Yes it is the same style of the one you made for me before, but with the skill and ability of yours. In all the back and forth I forgot to metion the design of this sheath comes from another that Sandy made for a previous knife. If it hadn't been a rush I would have had them to you. I can get by on a sheath but I really did want to give them better than getting by.

I have three more coming back from heat treat this week and once they're done I would be honored if you'd be able to find the time. Specially as one is a gift for one of my family this Christmas.

Jim

Last edited by Drac; 08-31-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:18 PM
Living Legend

I hope everyone will find this as funny as me.

I met with the winner of the knife and I asked if this was for her or was this going to be a gift? She said that she and her husband don't hunt or carry knives, so she was going to check to see if any of her husband?s relatives would like it. When she said that it would be easier if it were more of a woman's style knife (what's a woman style?) I offered to make her another knife thinking she might have more enjoyment out of the blade. She said "Oh no, I be afraid I'd cut myself all the time!"

She bought tickets for the raffle because it was for the UW; she also won a nice fishing rod and reel that they have no use for either

You have no idea how many of the guys are fuming over one ticket, win and not knowing what to do with it. Some of the guys bought 20+ tickets.

Jim
Old 09-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Living Legend

Final update:

The husband fell in love with the knife and is not letting it go. He been showing it around "making his friends green with envy." Thanks to all for the help and suggestions, and once again (I called him yesterday) thanks/apologies to Sandy for forgetting to include him in the credits.

I have a happy "customer", what more can anyone want out of this.

Jim

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives