MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2018, 07:47 AM

Steampunk assist opening folding knife

This is the second steampunk folding knife I made. I call this one "Eagle" because you have to open his wings to release the blade. It's a assist opening folding knife. I worked on this one for more than a year at this moment, and it's almost finished. Still have to do some internal parts for the assist opening system.

Blade, bolsters and the two wheels are made out of custom made ladder/mosaic damasussteel. The other parts are mostly brass. the yellow parts are gold plated. The silver parts are nickel plated. I also made the mechanical iris (hiding/showing my brand logo). the copper parts are protected with lacquer to prevent patina forming.

The mechanical iris and the piston housing are covered with real glass (1mm thickness)

Untitled

Untitled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBoANIC6Lk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5kmJQ45BYQ

w.b.r.
Joost

Last edited by JF-Knives; 07-30-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Tags
1820, a, awesome, blade, bolsters, brand, brass, ca, custom, eagle, folder, folding, folding knife, knife, logo, made, mosaic, release, silver, steampunk, thickness, wheels, wrap, yellow, youtube