MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Reminder for Friday night knife chat

Just wanted to remind everyone that my knife chat will have a new home starting this Friday night. Beginning at 10pm eastern, 9pm central, 8pm Mountain, and 7pm Pacific. The new place is www.iforgeiron.com

If you've not signed up yet, I would recommend doing it prior to Friday evening...that way you can just go to the site, click on the "chat" tab at the top of the page, and join in the fun. (in order to participate you must register at Iforgeiron.com)

We'll be interacting with a lot of new folks, so lets show them how cordial and friendly Bladesmiths can be!

Look forward to seeing you there!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast

can anyone tell me what time that'd be in the UK
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Skilled

I was thinking that you are 8 hours ahead of us here on the east coast, but not sure. If so that would make it about 6 am on saturday there.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 PM

London is 5 hours (GMT) ahead of us in the Eastern time zone (GMT -5). So if the chat starts at 10pm Eastern, then tune in at 3am London time. Or, if you're a little nervous about the validity of the info, google 'time zones'.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Skilled

Randy you are right. London is 5 hours ahead of New York.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

#### not sure if I can stay up that late
Old 02-01-2008, 06:09 AM
Enthusiast

Should be worth taking a nap before ;^) Good bunch of guys over there, as are 'smithing folks in general. See y'all there tonite.

randy
Old 02-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Ed.. How do I log onto Ironforge???? It keeps kicking me out telling me my user name or password is invalid. It is my first attempt at this.

Scott

Old 02-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Enthusiast

Got It !!! Feeling dumb>>>>

Old 02-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Hi Gang!

Wow! What a crowd of people on the new knife chat tonight! I'm sorry that some of you had difficulties signing in. I have asked the site owner (Glenn Conner) if he would come to my forum and see if he explain/help solve any issues.

TJ: if you have some insight, would you please post it here....I don't have enough knowledge about the site to offer any help.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 02-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Registered

Ed and the folks on The Knife Newwork

Thank you for working with IForgeIron to host a LIVE knife chat. The first IForgeIron Knife Chat had 33 in attendance. A lot of good information was discussed, and the session lasted about 90 minutes.

Now that the first chat is done, it is time to work out any bugs and plan toward next Friday's chat. I have rec'd one comment that a fellow could not log in to the site. The IForgeIron registration is case sensitive and any spaces must be properly placed. For instance the name LogMeIn is not recognized if typed Log me in, or Log MeIn. It MUST be exactly as you signed in.

If you log into the IFI site, click on the box "remember me". This keeps you from timing out.

By logging into IForgeIron site to get to the chat, you also get access to the WHOLE IForgeIron site, the Forum, the Gallery, the Wiki, the Store, the Auction, and the front page (home page) of the site. The home page has many different features, getting started (in blacksmithing and IFI) Lessons in Metalworking > Blacksmithing (a great place to learn about blacksmithing) and many other features including the Blueprints. Blueprints are how-to tutorials on making tools, jigs, projects, and information. There are currently over 550 Blueprints on file to registered members of IFI.

You are encouraged to visit the site and post to any section of the site at any time. The IFI Chat is open 24/7 and the subjects discussed depend upon who is present and the questions ask. There are lots of discussions on knives during the week so visit when you can.

If you ever have any problems with IForgeIron, please contact me directly. The best way is through IForgeIron, by email, or have someone here relay the message. If there are any posts here that I should attend to, please have someone relay the message to me so I can come over and check on things.

Again, thank you Ed and The Knife Network for working with IForgeIron to set up the LIVE Knife Chat on Fridays. Thank you for allowing me access to The Knife Network and to present IForgeIron to your members.

Glenn Conner
Site admin, IForgeIron.com

Last edited by IForgeIron; 02-02-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered

Just a reminder that Friday Feb 8 IForgeIron.com will hold the Friday Night LIVE Knife Chat.
Live Knife Chat starts 10 pm eastern time. but the chat is open 24/7 for any metal related discussion.

Only 33 last week and there were still plenty of chairs.
Join us if you get a chance.

Tags
forge, knife, knives