MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > Knives For Sale - Custom

Knives For Sale - Custom Custom Knives for Sale (All Styles). These knives are offered by the individual sellers.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:59 AM

Hunting Knife

What makes a good Hunting Knife?
Old 08-28-2018, 07:41 AM
Steel Addict

Good hunting knife may be a subjective call for each of us, but overall I’d say,

(1) size and shape suited for the given task. Am I bonding out an elk or falay a fish? I’m of the mind the no one blade really does it all well. I personally carry two blades with me when hunting. Can ether do it all, sure, but not always easiest.

(2) stays sharp for as long as possible. I hate having to stop multiple times when dressing out game to resharpen.

(3) is easy to sharpen in the field. Too many times I’ve had guys bring me blades that are from super steel that are just about impossible to sharpen on stones. In my mind it doesn’t make scenes to have a blade that requires a machine shop to get back to where you need to be. Blades get dull if you use them, that’s a fact of life. My luck usually runs that it happens out in the field , farthest from my bench.

People fight over carbon vs Stainless. I like both for different reasons. Both can give you a good blade, carbon does require you to be a bit more careful about your blade care.

Erik

Old 09-03-2018, 06:08 AM

Hunting knife

I mean that if you are a camping or hunting tour lover then what qualities do want which must be in your knife to perform the multi tasks.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Guru

These are just my choices.

I would carry a nice drop point blade made from a good steel like D2 or S30V with a 4 inch blade and 1/8 inch thick, if sharpening is a problem use a diamond hone as it will be if these steels are heat treated properly. Most people can't hand sharpen anyway so carry something you can sharpen with and make it diamond. I like a flat grind on my hunting knife, but that's just personal preference. A knife like this can cut up vegetables as well as dress out a deer without the big struggle a thicker knife would be and if you ever noticed, the best Chef's knives have a nice flat grind all the way to the spine or top of blade. Makes cutting chores around the camp kitchen easier.

My second knife would be a filet knife because if I'm camping I'm fishing. This knife would be about seven inches long and thin with a flat grind all the way to the spine. I don't care about flexibility so a bit stiff is my preference. I don't object to a hollow grind either on my filet knife and have made some. They tend to be stiffer than some like though. I also use D2 or S30V as both are abrasion resistant and can go through a lot of fish if properly heat treated.
Both knives would have a good sheath too. I make leather sheaths for all my knives as I like working with leather.

Just a side note, if you want to cut wood carry an axe or hatchet. No knife will do the job as well as the proper tool does.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:07 AM

It looks really nice. I definitely gonna purchase these types of knife when going for hunting.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:55 AM

Hunting knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincy View Post
It looks really nice. I definitely gonna purchase these types of knife when going for hunting.

Hello lincy,
If you r looking to buy a knife, then you should try a store from which I use to buy knife as the shipping charge is none and the store have a wide rage of knife. We can buy according to our need. THe store name is Perkin

Old 08-29-2019, 02:11 PM
Registered

Very good! Thanks~
Old 03-03-2020, 06:18 AM
Registered

Good Blade and Design make hunting knife good for hunting.

Tags
back, blade, blades, ca, camping, carbon, easy, fac, fishing knife, hunting, hunting knife, knife, knives, leather, make, ore, sharp, sharpening, sheath, shop, stainless, steel, store