MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:37 AM

Hey guys! I'm up for some discussion but I may be limited in my knowledge!haha I've been a lurker here, just not participated... I bought and read your book Mr. Robinson on folder making... the thing was, at least to me, it's set up for a person with more of a machinist background and shop than what I have. I've been making fixed blades for about 4 years and watched some youtube videos to make my 1st folder. I actually drove out to BLADE last year on my motorcycle and met with Todd Davison on my way back to see how he does things. He helped me out quite a bit, so now I'm kind of modeling what I do after his process because we have the same machinery.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa Phil View Post
Tell you what, I am just joining this site and have a question regarding the DDR3-BL Folding knife kit. And am seeking any help you can provide. I have 3 kit knives to help me learn how to make them. I have been forging fixed blade knives for over 4 years now and feel I need to know how to make folders to broaden the knives I am able to provide to family and friends. No, I don't sell any of my knives yet. As most people who know me, know I am never satisfied with my final product even though they all agree on how good it is and looks.
What's the question?

Tags
a, back, bee, blade, ca, common, custom, diy, drill, folding, folding knife, forge, handle, heat, helping, home, knife, knives, leather, make, post, show, tap, traditional, web