MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Steel Addict

Viruses, Malware, Hackers, and other BS introduced to my PC by low life scum

I use to say there were only two things I hate, a liar and a thief but recent events have lead me too add to more. I guess really they are branches of the first two. But alas the modern era has allowed for a new version on a liar and a thief! They are people who have nothing better to do that set up viruses to attack you PC, hackers and spammers and any other you want to throw into the modern era #$^&&%^@, (sorry I thought better of really posting what I was saying)! Sometimes as with the first categories are intertwined heavily with the first two, a liar and a thief!

First let me say if you are expected a package be sure who is shipping it. I recently purchase an item online, (that in its self is becoming more dangerous all the time). Anyway at checkout got a notice that UPS would be doing the delivery. However I have had companies switch carriers because of where I live. It just boils down to what is the cheapest to get delivered to this area.

So anyway I got a email from Fedex saying they had been unable to deliver a package on a recent date. First of all Fedex does not send out email that they were unable to deliver, they leave a door hanger or sticky! (I knew that too) and should have known something was wrong but since I was expecting a package I didn't think to much about it!

I opened the email and it was really unspecific as too what the package was. It had a link to print a receipt to use at the local facility to be able to retrieve package. Of course when you click on that it doesn't work and so you click again and each click allows for a Trojan Horse Virus to be imbedded into you PC.

I have spent two days trying to nail that little sucker. The first tries it slid away from the scans I ran. I finally had to re-update my Malware and virus program, (again I just updated a day or two before), then shut down my Symantec Virus firewall to allow the Malware program to do its thing. The virus is sneaky with the Symantec running it hides in an area where the Symantec stops the Malware program from fining it. By shutting down the Symantec it made it move to another area. The Malware program still missed it but when I reactivated the Symantec it smoked it's butt. It detected and quarantined in the areas it had moved too!

You want to know the real whizzer in this case. This type of virus is created by companies that sell Malware programs in order to get you to buy their Malware detection programs! Hell, it is getting so you can't even trust the good guys.

Last month I got an emai from a friend and he was stranded in the Philippines and needed me to wire him some money. That is funny because I had just talked with him two nights before and he was in N Carolina at his home. I emailed him at his home address and then changed my account password three time on my email account! As all of the sudden I was getting emails from my son and daughter and they were nothing but spam.

God help one of these little geeks who have nothing better to do with their time than to sit out to screw up my PC if I ever lay my hands on them! :

OK I have vented now and until the next time I feel better but, as we all know that could be anytime you go on the net or open an email from someone you thought you could trust!
I just wish I had the knowledge to send back to them a little package that would cause a catastrophic crash to their PC, now that would be funny!!!!!!!!

With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down !
If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner!

C Craft

Tags
back, bee, home, made, package, throw