MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > General ::: Items and Bargains

General ::: Items and Bargains Good deals on useful items for sale by Knife Network members

Old 08-30-2001, 01:43 PM
CKDadmin

Wanted: Reflector Telescope

I know ... off topic!

However, there may be someone out there with a killer telescope they want to part with ... if so, and it's a high-performance/feature model, let me know. I'm a player! $$$

Alex
Old 08-30-2001, 05:38 PM
Bob Warner

Alex,

My best friend recently passed away due to cancer. He had a telescope that was (from memory and I am not interested in telescopes) about 12" in diameter and a couple of feel long. He could not see the entire moon in it because it was too powerful. It has the electronic tracking stuff and several eye pieces. I know his wife wants to sell it but I have NO IDEA what she wants. I know it was high dollar (few thousand) new and was not used much (if at all) because he bought it after he was sick. I guarantee it is in perfect condition. It is in Seattle and if you are interested in taking to her, send me an e-mail and I will send you her e-mail. Maybe you can work it out. She can tell you the model info and you can compare the price with the stores.
Old 08-30-2001, 10:12 PM
CKDadmin

Bob,

That sounds like the type of deal I'm looking for, especially with a circumbstance like that. It also sounds like the type of setup I'd need. I'll e-mail you ... thanks

Alex
Old 08-31-2001, 04:49 AM
Bob Warner

Alex,

I sent her an e-mail requesting the telescope specs. If she still has it I will get you talking with her. I guarantee her integrity so feel comfortable working with her. She can be trusted.
Old 09-10-2001, 03:02 PM
Bob Warner

Alex,

I talked with her today. The telescope has already been sold. Sorry for the late delay but she was out of the country on business.

Old 09-10-2001, 06:08 PM
CKDadmin

Thanks for the try, Bob! Her situation was unfortunate ... I'm glad she was able to sell it. I'm sure it brought up old memories!

Alex