MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 03-10-2001, 11:28 PM
ERIC ELSON

UGLY... folder pic!!!

Ok I'm almost embarassed to post this.
I believe its the UGLIEST folder on the planet!!!
Having said that I was (and still am)proud of myself for making it.

I made it for my Uncle 3 years ago It was my first folder and about my 3-4 knife
The handle is T6 aluminium with an inlaid spring of 01(like a liner lock)the blade is 2.25" long 1/8" thick 01.
the thumb stud and stop pin are 8-32 machine screws, the piviot pin is 01 with 4-40 screws from each side and a bronze bushing with nylatron washers.
There is some play in the blade but once its open its like a tank....

Did I mention how ugly it is

Old 03-10-2001, 11:34 PM
MIKE KOLLER

Hey at least you have made one and posted your first.Oh what a long way we have come since our first knives.
Old 03-11-2001, 03:06 PM
CKDadmin

Eric,

Let me put some perspective on this too ... something you failed to mention.

Based on what I know about you ... let's see, you might have been 15 years old when you made it?

I don't think the look is all that important. We're so impressed by your talent and marketing ability here, that it's makes your first effort's visual appeal sort of irrelevant.

Guy's, if you don't know by now, Eric is only 19 years old. Go back in memory to about a year ago when we first created this movement and think about how early he locked-in to to our movement and how professionally he has been handling himself throughout this period with us. I've got to say that Eric is someone we need to be paying close special attention to and helping in anyway we can. Eric is a very elite young man in our industry. He's worthy of the best we have to offer him. He's solid CKD material!

Well done partner ... keep it up! We're behind you, brother!

Alex
Old 03-11-2001, 05:48 PM
Don Cowles

I'll second that. It's great having young people around who know what they want to do, and are doing it.
Old 03-11-2001, 09:00 PM
ERIC ELSON

Everyone
Thank you for the kind words!!

Knifemaking IS my love and passion. I'm lucky to have figured this out early on in life and to have my parents and families support.
This place (CKD) is like my "home" so to speak on the internet. I really like it here... great people who treat each other with respect. I've never once been brushed off because of my age here-that really says something. I owe alot of the Skills I have to the moderators and community of the CKD, this is the place of the highest quality and That is something I respect and wish to be a part of.
To Alex, Dogman,and all the moderators I tip my hat and thank you for keeping this place at the highest quality day after day.

BTW
Alex - thanks for getting my CKD profile up,Its great!!!

L8R
Eric

Old 03-11-2001, 11:30 PM
CKDadmin

Eric,

You have the key to the city, brother! You're CKD all the way!

Alex

Tags
blade, knife, knives