MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Skilled

Fly Fish ?

Do you fly fish and if you do, what with (equipment) and what for (species)? Another of the great American pastimes! People of patience have fished for and caught about any fresh or salt water species you can think of. Do you favor the traditional split bamboo rods or the new carbon fiber wonders? I spent many hours as a young man trying to learn this fine art and now, here I go again for the first time without a hand-me-down rod and reel. In the old days, I fished for Bass and Bluegill and guess what I'm going to fish for this time. Bass and Bluegill with emphasis on the Bluegill. I'm not exactly in the heart of Trout country although there are places I could fish for them within driving distance. I think my interest got re-kindled by the good old #8 Trout and Bird which we've talked about here earlier and a near miss of getting my hands on a very early pinned ivory example at a gun show a few months back (very much like Ron's) beautiful knife but not as nice. The lucky acquisition of the old master's (Wm Scagel's) idea of the same knife and a conversation with an old friend from school who is now eaten up with fly fishing from head to toe. You just knew that knives had something to do with it didn't you?

seuss

Tags
knife, knives