MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Skilled

Marcus, the gold on the knife is gold leaf which is applied as one of the final steps. if you go to the search function and look up Antonio's previous post, there is a more detailed section on applying the gold leaf .
Old 01-27-2006, 05:51 PM

Montejano is a master of his trade. He has been recognized many times in his country of Spain as a master craftsman. I have a knife that he engraved for me and I cherish it as a center piece of my small collection.

A question came up earlier about the etching of nickel silver. Monte, if you see this I wish you would re-post the picture of the nickel silver presentation box you posted last year. I am sure Marcus Hunt needs to see this. Your work is so, so fine and your craftsmanship is much appreciated her on this forum.
Thanks Again??.
Friend Jim
Old 01-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Skilled

Very Beautiful as always. What is the handle material?
Mike Cirelli
Old 01-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Master

Friends Crankcase, Kerry, Shakudo; Thanks to watch my works and also for his words.

Friend Marcus
You made me a consultation, on the status of steel before selling off the engraving. I?m engraver the steel tempered without trouble and then I do the work of decoration, like incrusting mother-of-pearl, putting gold plate, enamels, etc.....you utilize distinct techniques to mine .But I have seen your works on the set and they become of great quality, I congratulate you for his technique.

Friend Jim Small
I thank your words to you and for me is a honor, because I respect deeply your engravings and there are of a great mastery ( I am a follower of your works ). I do not consider myself master and it is just because I learn something new every day; We know that learning is continuous and many of you at this forum understand my words. I have learned very much at this forum seeing his styles and he forms of working ; Showing our works makes us rich to us all. THANKS TO ALL.
I have mentioned the pocketknife that I sent him. A placer went for me knowing than a job my you at your house have it; Anyway neither he has a lot of importance.
Jim, as translators make a translation very badly, I have not comprised very well that he desires that I show the friends and to Marcus ( work to last year). I have misgivings of if you asks me for you there that he show the case or a pod that also I showed on the set.
I will show the case and also with a knife inside ( with pod ). I confide that it be what you ask me for.

Friendly Mike
The hilt comes from authentic ivory, but I have chosen the part of brown coloration of the canine tooth.

A greeting to all and I will show the knife's the lastest photos.

Montejano
---------------------------------

Amigos Carter , Kerry , Shakudo ; gracias por mirar mis trabajos y tambi?n por sus palabras .

Amigo Marcus
Usted me hizo una consulta , sobre el estado del acero antes de realizar el grabado . Yo grabo el acero templado sin problema y luego hago el trabajo de decoraci?n , como incrustar n?car , poner l?mina de oro , esmaltes , etc .....Ustedes utilizan t?cnicas distintas a las m?as .Pero he visto sus trabajos en el foro y son de gran calidad , le felicito por su t?cnica .

Amigo Jim Small
Te agradezco tus palabras y para m? es un honor , pues yo respeto profundamente tus grabados y son de una gran maestr?a ( soy un seguidor de tus trabajos ). No me considero maestro y es simplemente porque aprendo algo nuevo todos los d?as ; sabemos que el aprendizaje es continuo y muchos de ustedes en este foro comprenden mis palabras . He aprendido mucho en este foro viendo sus estilos y forma de trabajar ; el mostrar nuestros trabajos nos enriquece a todos nosotros . GRACIAS A TODOS .
Ha mencionado usted la navaja que le envi? . Para m? fue un placer envi?rtela y saber que un trabajo m?o lo tiene usted en su casa ; de todos modos tampoco tiene mucha importancia .
Jim , como los traductores traducen muy mal , no he comprendido muy bien que desea que muestre a los amigos y a Marcus ( poste del a?o pasado ). Tengo dudas de si me pide usted que muestre el estuche o una vaina que tambi?n ense?? en el foro .
Ense?ar? el estuche y tambi?n con un cuchillo dentro ( con vaina ) . Conf?o que sea lo que usted me pide .

Amigo Mike
La empu?adura es de marfil aut?ntico , pero he escogido la parte de coloraci?n marr?n del colmillo .
Un saludo a todos y mostrar? las ?ltimas fotos del cuchillo .
Montejano

Old 01-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Master

Looks great Montejano. I really enjoy seeing your work. Thanks for showing it.

Joe

Old 01-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Steel Addict

Spaectacular work Montejano.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Master

Friends Joe and Andy

Thanks for his words and to participate.
------------------

Amigos Joe y Andy

Gracias por sus palabras y por participar .
Old 01-29-2006, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Montejano]Friends Crankcase, Kerry, Shakudo; Thanks to watch my works and also for his words.
TRANSLATION FROM MONTEJANO'S POST

Dear Friends Carter, Kerry, Shakudo, Thanks for looking at my work and for your kind words.
Dear Marcus,
regarding your question, I engrave (etching) on hardened steel with no problem, and later I do the other embellisment, such as gold foil, mother-of-pearl inlay, enamelling, etc. Yours are different techniques than mine, but after seeing your work displayed in this forum, I congratulate you on your works.
Dear Jim Small,
thanks, your kind words are an honour for me, and I do respect your engraving, which shows off great mastery. I don't consider myself a master, just try to learn someting different every day. Learning is a life long endeavour: you all know what I mean.
I have learnt a lot in this Forum: showing each other our works and methods is good for all of us. THANKS TO ALL.
Jim, it was a pleasure to send you that pocketknive, and appreciate you like it.
Jim, due to automatic translations I don't understand what you mean about showing something to Marcus Hunt.
Dear Mike,
the handle is ivroy, but from the brownish part of the tusk.

Tags
blade, knife, pocketknife, switchblade