MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 05-08-2002, 08:07 PM
John Frankl

Ed, any news on that KMG?

Ed,

I may be getting a grinder real soon. I am really curious to hear how the KMG is working for you.

I have it narrowed down, sort of, to the Hard Core and the KMG. A few people have said less than complimentary things about the Bader--any other opinions out there would be appreciated too.

Thanks,

John
Old 05-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Ed Caffrey

Talked with Rob (Frink) today. My grinder will be shipping on Friday, and should be here by mid next week. I'm looking forward to this one! Rob was such a pleasure to work with, and was so willing to accomodate me with what I wanted.....I can't say enough about him! Plus! He's going to let me test out the new "Rotary Platen" which I think is going to be a great attachment for his machine! Be certain that after a few days with the machine I will give a complete write up on it.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Raymond Richard

So, its been more than two weeks, how's it work. How's that new platen? Let us know........Ray
Old 05-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Ed Caffrey

Yea, it has been two weeks.........but I've gotten next to nothing done in the shop over that time. My plan is to give the grinder about a month, and then write an article for my web site about the KMG. My initial opinion is..................I LOVE IT! There were a few modifications that I did right off the bat, and I will explain those, and why I did them, in the article. I've got the next couple of days off work, and my plan is to give the grinder a good workout, and see if anything pops up. I received the proto-type "Rotarty Platen" from Rob last week, and I am certainly going to have one! The platen is limited to mainly convex grinding, but it does it soooo well! More to follow......