MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Steel Addict

ABS Hammer In this weekend

http://www.americanbladesmith.com/up...l%20031013.pdf

Who's going? I want to meet as many people as possible so I can put names and faces together. I'll be the guy behind the 'pay it forward' table to benefit the ABS. Take what you need (not want) and donate whatever you can afford. ...Teddy
Old 08-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Steel Addict

I had so much fun it should be illegal. The pay-it forward idea was a huge success.

Many, many thanks to all the sponsors who sent in items for the table. I posted what my plans were and all of a sudden I started getting messages that I should expect packages for the'table'. I didn't expect that.

Midwestern Knife Makers supply (Tracey) sent in steel, handle materials and other goodies. Cas-ker Co. supplied a couple of NEW flexshaft machines, and someone donated some great stag, among others. The final result-- the table raised over $1,076.00 for the ABS, and it allowed a LOT of new knifemakers to have some 'supplies' to work with that they would not have been able to afford otherwise.

It was a lot of fun watching people ask the price of something and tell them that there were no prices---just to put whatever they could afford in the 'box'. We made a lot of new knifemakers ( and some old ones very happy. Thanks to one and all for making this possible. ...Teddy

Tags
abs, bee, file, forge, hammer, handle, knife, made, making, materials, stag, steel, supplies, supply