MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Question Albacete Knife Wobbling?

So I have just bought in Spain a really big fixed blade Albacete hunting knife, that comes in a sheath with another sheath incorporated for a smaller similar knife. It's a plain blade in the front and has a serrated part in the back. It's overall length is 33 cm and blade length is 20 cm. It cost about 35 euros, so something like 50 bucks. It looks like a really good knife and i think it's full tang, too. But I have a problem: The blade wobbles from side to side. It's not serious, but it's enough to get me worried. The fingerguard (I don't know the name of the part between the handle and the blade) has that hole where the blade comes out of, and I literally can't fit a needle in that hole, except if i try in the extremity of the hole, so front of the blade hole and back of the blade hole, and even there it's hard. What's wrong with this knife? Is it safe to use? Help, pls. Thanks in advance.[IMG][/IMG]

Tags
back, blade, fixed, fixed blade, full tang, handle, hunting, hunting knife, knife, problem, serrated, sheath, tang, wobble