MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to felizalde55
Few new leather sheaths

Three daggers, damascus blades made by Manuel Tacus, handles by Fernando Caridi, sheaths by me.

Gut hook

Detail

I hope you like them.

Regards.

Pancho
Old 12-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Skilled

Nice work sir

Old 03-25-2014, 08:41 AM

Those are beautiful sheaths felizalde55. A friend of mine has asked me to make a dagger sheath for him. Something which I haven't done before. Is the extra piece of leather on the front something common with these kinds of sheaths? Do they represent anything? Also do they have belt loops? Thanks for the information and thank you for allowing us the chance to see your beautiful work.

Scott

Old 03-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to felizalde55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Those are beautiful sheaths felizalde55. A friend of mine has asked me to make a dagger sheath for him. Something which I haven't done before. Is the extra piece of leather on the front something common with these kinds of sheaths? Do they represent anything? Also do they have belt loops? Thanks for the information and thank you for allowing us the chance to see your beautiful work.

Scott
Scott,
thanks for your message. The extra piece of leather, a tongue as we can define, is common use with criollo raw sheath in Argentina. Not common to daggers sheaths.
This tongue permit use the knife whatever kind of belt the owner uses. You can put your knife in any kind of position as you feel it confortable.
Few examples:

[If the knife has a small blade 4 to 5" long you can use in your front, if it is longer you can use it in your back as the picture shows.

Tags
back, blade, blades, common, dagger, daggers, damascus, holster, knife, leather, leather die, leather sheath, leather tooling, made, make, sheath, sheaths, tanning