MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Skilled

Election 2012 Voter turnout.

We're in the East so polls are already open, we were there before the doors opened to find a full parking lot and long lines, it was also that way at the two other stations we passed taking our youngest to school. What's it like where you are?

Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Skilled

We vote by mail. Wife and I voted 2 weeks ago. However you do it and however long it takes please VOTE.

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Skilled

WA. State, where we originally came from has mail in ballots now too. Obviously we needed them when we were stationed overseas, but I'm unsure what the argument is for having them for "everyone". Perhaps I'm just a bit old-fashioned.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Master

Same here for us with the mail in. Get out and do it however it works out. I don't mind the stamp taking the place of the time involved, but I'd rather have consistent national rules for federal races.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Hall of Famer

I went in at about noon. There wasn't much of a line but the voting booths were full the whole time I was there.

Doug

Old 11-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Skilled

Massive voting here lines were not bad at all . Get - R - Done Vote and save America from a down fall !

Sam
Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Well, I hunted Whitetails this morning.....came back to town at 11am, voted, ate the the Double Barrel, then went hunting again......

Took a left handed shot at a doe (I'm right handed) and needless to say she's still out there running free instead of being processed for my freezer!

BUT! I VOTED!!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Ed, glad to hear that you feel well enough to get outdoors.

Doug

Old 11-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Master

Is that left handed shot a little head fake. Sounds like you're growing back a bit of that cast iron gut lining. No, not the cheesy taters.

Sounds like a great day to me, many more, Craig
Old 11-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Just got up this morning and looked at the online news....looks like 4 more years of "Obamatics"....the last 4 years have been the worst in history not only knifemakers, but for a lot of others too, and I only see the hole getting deeper.
The up side is that God has it in hand, and it will go the way he's planned.....let's hope we have a country left after these next 4 years.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 11-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Skilled

sad day

Hi Ed,

First, let me say how happy I am to hear that you are feeling well enough to go hunting (twice in one day too!).

I was so hopeful yesterday that this nation had the sense to relieve the US of this current regime of class warfare and redistribution of wealth. Needless to say I am pretty down after hearing of the results. As you said, the economy has suffered with this thing in the White House and I only see it worsening now. I had planned on making some extra cash during my retirement years to supplement our income for reasons of health insurance. This changes things for us. Healthcare for us will change for the worse, as Medicare Advantage will be decimated with this thing in the White House, and Obamacare will be expensive and crap and doctors will be loathe to take anyone on a minus 800billion medicare fund.

Like you said, Ed, I hope we have a country we can recognize after 4 more years of the same (and much worse now as he will be unconstrained).

Dana
Old 11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Skilled

I'm the guy. If you want to know who it was that voted for Obama, look no further...It was me.
At the end of the day, none of us knows whether this is going to be for better or worse. For all those who argue against Obama, it doesn't HAVE to be four more years of the same old thing. He has not been ALL bad, in fact, he has done some very positive things. To be fair minded about things, I thought Romney had a lot of good ideas...and I labored over the choice...but in the end, I just didn't buy into Mitt Romney. I'm not sure what it was...but whatever it was...I didn't buy into it. Hopefully, there is a way for some good things to get done, and the country will benefit from it. Only time will tell, and if it all goes to hell, you know who to blame.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Skilled

What I don't buy into is a guy that promises to increase jobs, cut the national debt in half and be well on our way to energy independence..........and only needs one term to do it.

Instead? The debt was doubled, something like 6 million jobs lost and permits to tap into our own energy resources cut in half.

The math isn't quite working there and I too am SO afraid of what 4 more years of this will do. Kids of the future in other countries will be reading history books that barely mention some third world country called 'America'.

That's what I don't buy into.

But maybe this got way off course and sorry if it did. Not a lot any of us can do now but continue on and do the best we can.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself...........and bears.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Ed T. I truly hope your right, and things do turn around. Like Dana, one of my biggest concerns with Obama getting another term was/is health care. It's gona tear every small business in the nation apart. It's not even here yet, and my Wife, being the Office Mgr./HR of a 65 person company has already had to take part in the training for the new health program......to put it mildly it's a goat rope.

The owner of the company has already stated that they may have to drop all health insurance that they now provide/offer the employees, just to stay in business. My Mrs., who also does all the payroll for the business, has already received word that there will likely be another deduction on future payroll for "health care".

One of the ballot issues that passed here in Montana was concerning health care, in which a new law will make it illegal for anyone be forced to purchase health insurance, or to be penalized if they do not. It'll be interesting to see how that works, and how many other states will try to do the same thing.

I am thankful everyday that I do not have to depend on Knifemaking for my entire livelyhood, otherwise I'd be like so many other Makers, who over the past 4 years have had to become part-time, and take outside jobs to survive.

As I said before, God's got it all in his hands and figured out.....but as humans, we still worry.
All that folks like us can do is pray that things go...not OUR WAY, but according to God's plan. And it's obvious at this point that He wanted Obama in office again.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Tipton View Post
I'm the guy. If you want to know who it was that voted for Obama, look no further...It was me.
At the end of the day, none of us knows whether this is going to be for better or worse. For all those who argue against Obama, it doesn't HAVE to be four more years of the same old thing. He has not been ALL bad, in fact, he has done some very positive things. To be fair minded about things, I thought Romney had a lot of good ideas...and I labored over the choice...but in the end, I just didn't buy into Mitt Romney. I'm not sure what it was...but whatever it was...I didn't buy into it. Hopefully, there is a way for some good things to get done, and the country will benefit from it. Only time will tell, and if it all goes to hell, you know who to blame.
Absolutely, no comment.

Dana

Tags
art, at home, back, bee, casting, choose, cleaning, drill, forge, hammer, hand, home, how to, hunting, iron, knifemaking, made, make, making, man, military, pitch, pocket, post, trap