MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 02-18-2002, 07:15 AM
s mcfall

K&G Epoxy

I know someone out there uses this epoxy, this is my first attemp with this stuff. i have used the devcon 2ton in the past, so i am wondering just how important the mix is on the K&G epoxy - it say to mix 50-50 by weight not volume
the instuctions say about 7/8 teaspoon part B to 1 teaspoon part A.....so how important is the mix and how do you guys who uses this stuff measure the mixture?

thanks,
stan
Old 02-18-2002, 08:27 AM
Don Cowles

I confess I just ballpark it (just a bit more of this one than that one), and have never had any sort of problem beyond getting the lid off of the jar with the darker stuff in it.

This is still the best epoxy out there for my money. The Golfsmith shafting epoxy is much easier to work with, but I don't think you can beat the K&G for sheer holding power.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:28 AM
kmcfall

k&g epoxy

We put the mixing instructions on the epoxy as the manufacturer states them. You can get away with almost anything thats close to a 50-50 mix.
The number one thing that will give you trouble at all is temperature. You MUST have at least 72 degrees to get a good set up with our epoxy.
Just a side note, this is golf club epoxy also.

Ken