MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 04-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Guru

Sad Day yesterday

We had a rough day yesterday.We had to put our dog to sleep.He had been having some seizures and had a particulary bad one about 3 am so we made the tough decision and helped him find some peace.He was 12 years old and one great shop dog. Go give your pet a hug.Dave

RIP Bud
Old 04-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Living Legend

I grieve with you, Dave. I hate when that happens; it is never easy, nor should it be. It makes us appreciate how very special our dog friends are to us and how much we love them.

You will grieve now, yes, but the cherished memories of the fun you had with your friend will keep him with you throughout the rest of your life. That is a very precious Gift.

RIP, Bud.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Master

So sorry to hear about your loss Dave. Our two Aussies are our only "children", so I can only imagine how you feel. The best thing you can do, is to think of what a great life you gave to Bud.

Chris

"The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog." ? George Graham Vest
Old 04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Don Cowles
I am so sorry. I know how it hurts.

Don Cowles Custom Knives

Old 04-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

It is a sad thing to lose a good dog. We mourn with you.

Years ago, a couple of friends of mine were discussing dogs and the fellow said he didn't want to get another dog. The lady said, "Give me one good reason for that!" He replied, "I'll give you three: They bark, they s***, and they die." There was a long pause and then she stated that she couldn't argue with that. I've always thought that was a pretty good summary myself. No matter what they did - good or bad - while alive, there always comes a point where you feel sad for the loss.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Guru

Thanks everyone.He was a good kid but he was getting up in years.#### near as grey as me.I remember when he was about 7 yo he ruptured a disc and it paralyzed him. It was decision time then also, but Linda and I had the surgery done and boy was it expensive.He was cut from his neck to his tail and I spent 6 weeks sleeping on the floor with him so he wouldn't try to climb into bed with us.The things we do for them, but they seem to give so much more back.Thank you again. Dave
Old 04-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Living Legend

Send a message via ICQ to BrB Send a message via MSN to BrB
I live in a houses condo, so almost all houses are alike and there streets disposition is like a pattern. In our street there are four houses, all of them have dogs. I have a couple, the two houses across the street have one each and the guy next to me (he and his wife are cops) have six of them. And there is this one wich is everybody?s dog. She lives on our street and we share the responsability of feeding her and taking care of her. My dog got her pregnant a couple of times... BUT she is very agressive to strangers. She defends our street. Once she bit my wife?s 80 years old grandmother and I delt with the idea of putting her down for good. God knows I am happy I didn?t do it, cause I am one of those who thinks our dogs are worth more than some walking on two feet.

-------------------------------------------
Pesquise posts antigos antes de perguntar:
Use CKD Search
? mais r?pido e f?cil!
Old 04-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast

Dave,Sorry to hear that I had to but my Pitbull down 2 months ago so I really know how you feel.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Guru

Thanks Jeff and I couldn't agree with you more. Nathan I truly am sorry to hear that.I remember awhile back you used to have a pic of him and you as your avatar, didn't you?He was a handsome dog.Yours is probably playing with mine up there, and GOD has some good hounds.I just hope he has a good supply of pig's ears. My Bud used to get one everyday after work.He would sit at the refrigerator door in the shop waiting for me to get there. Thank you, Dave.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Enthusiast

I am very sorry to hear that. I have had dogs and cats all my life and I know it hurts like h***. I guess part of the price of love is loss. It is never an easy call, but one we need to make when the time comes.

Take care.

Measure twice, cut once.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Skilled

Dave, I offer you my most sincere condolences. I have lost several "best friends" through the years and it never gets any easier but somehow, we do go on. God bless.

Carey

You are cordially invited to check out my web site:
Handmade Knives by Carey Quinn
Old 04-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Enthusiast

Dave,
Sincerest condolences. Our 3rd "pup" is now a 15 year old Beagle. She is my main companion during the day and my wife's pal in the evening. She runs laps around our house in "honor" of my in-laws when they come to visit even though she has "a hitch in her get-along" (pulled ACL in her right rear knee). I don't want to think about loosing her cause I remember when we lost our first 2 "pups".
Bless you for loving your Bud!

member Knifemakers' Guild,ABS, PKA, AKTI
Old 04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Enthusiast

Dave,that was him I really miss his big head and his sloppy kisses