MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum

The Sheath/Holster Makers Forum This is the place to discuss all forms of sheath and holster making.

Old 10-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Living Legend

Kydex/Concealex bits and pieces.

Everything else is leather. Thought I'd post tsomething plasticky and black ...

The knife is small, so the high ride position works well, with a forward cant. The modular attachment is removable with 2 blackened Chicago screws and will fit any of my other Kydex sheaths. This one won't but most of my Kydex sheaths will adjust to 2 different cant positions. Without the belt attachment, it is a necklace sheath.

I have also been criticised for making the sheath too broad, but I find that is is more stable when worn as a neck sheath and it is also more comfortable on a small knife when slipped into a pocket like a wallet sheath. It doesn't roll around as much.

The lip is ramped for a silent thumb-assisted draw. There is a large notch halfway up the spine of the sheath - it does 2 things.

#1 - It indexes the position of the blade inside the sheath more securely and prevents an upswept blade design from spearing into the inside of the spine of the sheath.

#2 - It serves as a finger notch to grab the sheath and index the position of the knife in the dark. The postion of the assisting hand holding the sheath is important. Occasionally it is possible to grab the sheath too high up near the opening and slash your fingers when drawing the knife from the sheath.

Thanks for looking. Jason.

(Matthew 10.16)

Tags
blade, knife