MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:00 PM

Tom...
It has been a few months since I finished this knife and I don really remember if I blackend the background or not. I have a couple of knifemakers who would agree with you and me....that sometimes the contrast works well when the blacking is left out. I know I put some blacking in the animals...it helps when taking pictures.
Paul is such a nice guy and great knifemaker....he just turned me loose on this one. I like that when it happens. Paul is a big hunter and I hoped the deer and ram would be to his likeing....it did and I too was pleased.
Thanks to all for the nice response....
Jim
Old 08-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Registered

Paul Savage Knife Collection

My thanks to Paul and Jim for their craftsmanship as I was able to purchase this knife several years ago (2008) at the CKG show in Toronto. It truly is a masterpiece and a keeper. Top drawer to you both.

Today I attended the 20th Annual Knife Show at the Sheraton Centre Hotel Toronto. I had an awesome opportunity to add a third Savage Knife to my Savage Knife Collection, which was a beautiful Bowie Damascus knife. But I left the show undecided but to think it over. Later (1 hour) when I contacted Paul he informed me the knife was sold. Sunday I purchased the Bowie Mosaic Damascus knife. Another beautiful knife.

Last edited by Skykaw2; 08-17-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Tags
awesome, bowie, damascus, damascus knife, knife, knives, make