MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum

The S.R. "Steve" Johnson Forum Specialized knife making tips, technique and training for "ultra precision" design work enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2001, 01:45 PM
TMK1000

Blade stamp

I'm looking for the equipment I need to stamp my logo on my blades. Anybody know who sells the press and can make the die for a logo?
Old 03-16-2001, 04:47 PM
MIKE KOLLER

There are several.If you go to Main site of CKD you will find them in the suppliers link I believe.
Hope this helped.
Old 03-17-2001, 08:39 AM
TMK1000

Actually there doesn't seem to be a thing on CKD. Could have missed it. www.cancun.net had a couple, and Riverside machine makes a press. I'd still be interested if anyone can recommend a good press/die maker they've had good experience with.
Old 03-17-2001, 10:04 AM
Velarde

Dear Sir. There is a great company called "EVERS". That is all they do. Stamps, Dies and you name it. They have a very nice fixture that holds your knife and the stamp etc...
Evers, 72 Oxford St., Providence, R.I. 02905.
Good luck with your knifemaking. Ricardo Velarde
Old 03-17-2001, 10:24 AM
MIKE KOLLER

My apology, I thought "EVERS" was listed at CKD.BROWNELLS also carries 'low' end stamps.
Old 03-17-2001, 11:26 PM
srjknives

Don't overlook the electro-chemical marking machines that are available. I have only used Marking Method's Model Mark 300 but am still, after about20 yrs. convinced that it's the way to go.
www.markingmethods.com/

Realizing that it is expensive, but you can get the mark located exactly where you want it. It takes about 1 min. to mark a blade.
Old 03-22-2001, 10:17 AM
srjknives

Stamp/mark

I forgot to mention:

Don't overlook the fact that there are less expensive "Electrochemical Marking" devices out there. You can check out any of the knife supply outfits and find other makes. Some of them are less expensive.

Ask the suppliers for references to makers who've purchased the set-up you might be considering. Some work better than others.
Old 03-22-2001, 11:05 PM
Velarde

Re: Stamp/mark

Mr Johnson is right. The marking methods machine is about $800.00, but a lower end and good machine could go as low as $80.00 to $100.00. Ricardo Velarde

Tags
blade, knife