MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 08-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Skilled

Who here does pistol grips? OT

Hello,
A buyer of one of my knives liked the handles on my knife so much he wants custom pistol grips made from the same wood for hsi service pistol and asked if I could do it. I do not have a ####### to carry and have never made pistol grips, so I offered him the oppurtunity to get a contact who does since I figure it would be difficult to match then exactly without the actual pistol or a model in hand. He wants the grips made of some kind of wild dyed burl, which I have a source for. Does anyone here do grips in burl? If so let me know what you charge etc via PM or email so I can forward you along. This is for a police officer in northern California. I may not get back to you until Sunday when I return from a backpacking trip.
Thanks!
-David Schott
Old 08-18-2005, 07:27 AM

I had the same request. I had made a fighter with burled ironwood that the client supplied. He then brought more matching ironwood burl for his pistol grips.

Depending on what type of pistol it is, they are fairly easy to do. I make grips for Colt government models, which includes Kimber and others made on the same frame.
John
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Enthusiast

Most slab type grips are pure vanilla(1911, Beretta 92, etc). Easy and quick. It gets complicated for the wrap around grips. If you can post the type of service weapon, it would really help. If it is a 1911 or similar slab type grip, then they are fairly easy to obtain( no ####### needed ). Or ask if he has an extra set of grips. I have several for my service weapon. You could turn out a set of slab grips in a day if you really want to.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Steel Addict

The craftsman that makes all my custom pistol grips is Hakan Pek from Norway. Here is his website:

http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/

He is VERY reasonable, and will do custom grips to customer requirements. Send him an email and see what he can do.

BTW, here are two of the grips for the 1911 and CZ-75 in "Flame Birch" that he made for me:

And here is one mounted on my CZ-40:

Pictures do NOT do these grips justice. They are gorgeous and perfectly finished

Tags
knife, knives