MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > General ::: Items and Bargains

General ::: Items and Bargains Good deals on useful items for sale by Knife Network members

Old 10-17-2005, 12:18 AM

Lookin' for a deal

Anybody out there?

Wish list:
bench grinder (mine is fading fast)
cool handle material
complete wiring and infinite switch assembly for a Skutt kiln (115V preferably)
precision file set
small (and cheap) surface grinder
liquid nitrogen dewar
kydex press
more leather tools
snap and snap setter
small O/A torch

and anything else I can't live without!

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 10-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Skilled

Andrew, please be more specific regarding your wish list for leather tools. Do you mean leather stamps or other hand tools. I have QUITE an assortment of almost everything with duplicates or tools I rarely use etc. so if I knew more about what you want or need I might be able to help you out. "Sheathmaker"

Paul
Old 11-13-2005, 06:01 AM

Sorry, I just got back to this post.

I have a basic carving set with a beveler, backgrounder, viener, finger knife, pear shader, etc. I also have a tri-weave stamp and one or two others.

I have a groover, awl, hole spacer and a few needles.

I could use standard basket weave stamps, more needles, thread (sinew), and any other useful tools including more stamps and small, simple letter sets.

I am open to suggestion if I can afford it!

Thanks!

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 12-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Steel Addict

Andrew what kind of handle material are you looking for I still owe you for the photo stencils if I have anything you are interested in your welcome to it
Old 12-21-2005, 04:31 AM
Skilled

Andrew--on the wiring/switch for your kiln. are you looking to rewire/replace htr elements/just the parts/ or?? i'm always looking and turning up things that "someday" i (or someone) may have a use for. azmike
Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 AM

Santino,
I'll use any handle material out there. I just like to have a good selection for clients to choose from. If ya got something layin' around, surprise me and we'll call it even.

Azmike,
The kiln is troubling me. Even if I rebuild it to factory standards I won't have the HT oven that I want. I think I'm gonna' tear it apart and use the brick and perhaps even the SS skin to build the HT oven described in Andy Gascoinne's tutorial. (I probably butchered his name, sorry.) The goal is to use just one element with a much smaller chamber so I can quickly reach desired temps with 110V. The infinite switches may be good (at least one), but I'll still need a good pyrometer and thermocouple ($80 on ebay). The elements are just $16 so I'll most likey get a new one, we'll see. I may just sell the whole thing as is if it sits too long.

www.kansasknives.org

Old 12-21-2005, 05:52 AM
Steel Addict

Andrew do you make folders I have some 6061 aluminum in 3" x 1/4" x lengths under 2 feet also I have some curly maple some pieces of bulgarian red stag some brazilian hardwood { i don'yt know what it is called } and I can't think of anything else at this time talk to ya later ,by the way did you ever try making that stencil of my name smaller like we had talked about before just wondering I'll get some handle material out to you right after Christmas thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Steel Addict

hey Andrew got you a package together sending you a piece of curly maple, some brazillian hardwood ,a piece of brown laminated wood ,a piece of multi colored dymondwood ,an elk crown stick ,and some red stag think thats all hope it helps you out I know you helped me out with the stencils
Old 12-22-2005, 12:09 AM

I seem to remember something about another stencil, but life was gettin' pretty hectic around then and it has stayed that way! Send me a word file of EXACTLY what you want stenciled, so I can just print from your file. If you set it up in 12 point font that's what the stencil will be, etc. I need to make some fresh stencils for my own use and I'll include yours in that run.

That sounds like alot of stuff your sending. I hope the stencils you have and the one to come are a fair trade. Thanks a bunch! Do you need my address?

Merry Christmas!

www.kansasknives.org

Old 12-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Steel Addict

no sent the package out today will get you the stencil info in a day or so thanks
Old 01-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Steel Addict

sorry thought my mom sent it on the 22 but it was the 29 before she sent it hope you get it soon and can use the handle material

Tags
knife, knives