MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 04-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Skilled

batson symposium

Just got home from Batsons get together.Had a great time and met several ckd members.Lots of good information also.I think all of Harleys group was there and sure wished he was. Can`t wait til next year.More on the hammer-in later.

Old 04-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Steel Addict

Hey Robert, I'm home now too. Glad to see you made it home safe and sound. Forgive me for not saying gooodbyes when I left, tell Randy and John the next time you see them too. I was in a one track frame of mind trying to hit the road.

This event was a blast! There were so many things going on and so many interesting people to talk to, I'm still digesting everything. Definitely had a good (and very informative!) time and enjoyed seeing you and the gang there.

My new 200 lb. height adjustable post anvil is sitting in the driveway (that was as far as I cared to carry it tonight). I just put a plastic bag over it in case it rains. I don't think I need to fear any casual snatch and grab thieves! My wife has claimed the curly birch block I bought at the auction for herself, so I have to make a knife for her, I've been promising too any way.

After listening to Chuck Patrick and his wife play music around the camp fire until after midnight last night I have to say I am rather tired and NOT looking forward to going back to work tomorrow!

Old 04-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Steel Addict

Glad ya both made it home ok. I just got back about an hour ago, and came home to 5-6 inches of snow!

It was a blast like always.

Ya got one of the post anvils, eh, Guy? I think you'll really like it. They work great.

Jamie

jamie@polarbearforge.com
Old 04-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Steel Addict

Jamie, you had a long haul, glad you made it alright. It was a pleasure meeting you, but you know I didn't get to look at any of your work!

I came home to warm muggy rainy weather and mosquitos. Make that LOTS of mosquitos!

Tags
knife