MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 PM

Guild 2011 Summer Meeting Photos - dial up beware

The photos were taken by Don Tommey. Thank you Don.

I will try to get the text/narrative for each photo to match up to the order of photos.

The photos will only be identified by their last three digits.. sort of like the IITH and Scholarship Knife raffle drawings.

#500 Interior of Scott?s shop; notice the honking big A/C unit, the temp was just right ? cold. Persons I could identify; counter clockwise: white shirt back to camera ? Scott Davidson; Blue shirt facing camera, Fiddleback Forge hat, camo trou ? Andy Roy, aka Fiddleback Forge; red shirt - ??; gray shirt ? Carey Quinn; Green shirt - ??; Tan shirt ? Harry Mathews, aka 2nd Twin; Blue cap - ??.

#501 more of the shop; Left to right: Henry Cambron, aka World Class Knives; Carey Quinn; Andy Roy background; Scott Davidson, aka SolidRockKnives; and still can?t put a name on the red shirt fellow.

#502 more of the shop; left to right: Scott Davidson, Mike Wilson, Jody Robinson and Andy Roy.

#503 under the covered area; left to right: James Mitchell; Carl Rechsteiner, aka CRex is talking to, I believe, Kevin, a Georgia Tech student; behind them is Aaron Brewer talking to Marsha, his wife, and Nola Costen; white hat is Jim Ragsdale talking to Jerry Costen hidden behind the post; just over the brim of Jim?s hat is Marvin Poole; seated is Doug Adams; some folks in the shade I could not make out; Warren Glover, aka Bubba Knives, is far right in the blue shirt and to his left is Grady Gentles a friend of Henry Cambron.

#504 under the covered area; some folks looking at the displays.

#505 Jim Ragsdale and Jerry Costen. Jerry won the drawing for the Scholarship knife, beat out his wife by a single digit for the knife.

#506 Carl Rechsteiner, aka CRex, demonstrating the forging of a blade from a Stephan Fowler pattern welded billet.

Just over the anvil heel on the white table is the John C Poythress Scholarship Knife donated by Harry Mathews. The write up of the knife appears elsewhere in the thread/forum.

#509 Here we have Charlie Mathews, Adam Reese and Randy Scott, left to right. Adam joined the Guild and was juried in Saturday. Ok guys, Adam is a ?get?er done type of guy?. Less than 12 knives and the knife he is holding he forged. Moreover, he split a railroad spike and welded a piece of high carbon, possibly 1095, into the split and forged out the blade. Welcome Aboard Adam.

#510 This is Larry McEachern and his wife. Larry, my apologies, I can?t remember her name.

#512 CRex?s forging moving along.. bet he had problems trying to read the heat in the blade with the sun washing out the colors!

#513 Group shot

#515 A different perspective of the group as Carl is finishing the blade.. hmmm, how did I know that? Might it have something to do with that little red hammer? Ok, let?s see who we can ID in the crowd: Adam Reese, Doug Adams, Will Dutton, a friend of John Costa, Jim Ragsdale, Bill Snow, Cliff Thrower, Dennis Bradley, Andy Roy, Grady Gentles, Charlie Mathews and some folks that either I don?t know/recall or can?t recognize in the shadows.

#523 & 525 Inside the shop again; Dan Masson, aka Oconee Dan, is demonstrating wire inlay.

Thanks again Don for the photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0500.JPG (64.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0501.JPG (59.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0502.JPG (69.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0503.JPG (80.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0504.JPG (71.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0505.JPG (88.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0506.JPG (55.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0509.JPG (85.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0510.JPG (50.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0512.JPG (52.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0513.JPG (80.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0515.JPG (77.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0523.JPG (62.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0525.JPG (51.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-18-2011, 05:53 AM

Thanks Capn. R and Don T for taking and posting pics. Did pretty good with "old poot" memory.
Yepper...tough forging in the sun and it's not just colors, it was almost as warm outside the forge as inside!
Will Dutton has picked up the ball and will be doing the finishing on the blade. Then it will be passed on to ???? for guards and handle work. This is going to be wone sweet knife when completed.

Quick side bar - Trackrock is the weekend of Sept 23, 24, 25

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Steel Addict

Nice , get together. If you missed it , you missed another good'en. Scott

Old 08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast

Don,

Thanks for taking all the great pictures. I usually try to take a few and put them on my website but I didn't this time.

Henry

Tags
anvil, blade, camo, forge, forged, forging, guards, hammer, hidden, knife, knives, post