MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Skilled

Boker Magnum Button Lock Safety Missing In Action

I have a lot of my friends bring their knives to me for repair or sharpening. The other day a friend had got online and ordered a Boker Magnum Button Lock which looks like a great knife to me but he had a problem. This was a brand new knife but the safety switch was missing. You could see inside the knife where the slot is machined for the safety button or switch as some call it but there was no safety. I was wondering if anyone has a drawing and dimensions for this safety button? He doesn't want to send it back as it works great and he wants me to make a safety switch for it. I am not all that familiar with switchblades but it looks simple to me to make one for this particular knife. Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Skilled

Did some research and here is what I found: ALL Boker autos do not have safetys anymore. All Mfgs have to remove the safetys (located on the spine of the handle) due to a patent that Benchmade has on them. Benchmade own's the safety on the spine design. So all of the knife companies (including S&W and others) had to have their safetys on the spine removed, or else they would be sued. But Boker did make a new feature to compensate for the lack of the safety latch. The push button is recessed, so that the chance of the button being pushed in your pocket would be less. This feature has been pretty effective, but not fool proof. So yes, it is supposed to be that way.

Last edited by GHNorfleet; 04-26-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 AM

yes

yes this why I am boycotting benchmade. To bad too cause they make a nifty cutter.

I all for capitalism but when lawyers get in the way and make BS rules like that the door swings wide open.

I read some place you can order the safty switch from boker but I cant validate, but perhaps a cusomt made job would be better anyway.

roadside imports has some input onthis specific subject.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Skilled

Gonna just make me my own custom safety button to suit myself. If Benchmade wants to be that way then so be it. I agree with you that lawyers have made some things in life not so good any more but they will have to live with it, if they only had a conscience.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 PM

Contact this guy, I just bought some for him

http://www.assistedknife.com

Tags
brand, knife, knives, sharpening