MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Historical Inspiration

Historical Inspiration This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historical knife design and its influence on modern custom knife work.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Skilled

18th c. "Broken Sword" Knife and Scabbard

My first real piece of work that I have done in 14 months. Had some health and vision problems, but am getting better now. The knife is a representation of an 18th c. "broken Sword"knife, or re-puposed sword. The knife was made by Kyle Willyard, Old Dominion Forge. I made the sheath with a center seam up the back, hand sewn with linen thread, and with brass mounts. The leather is 6/7oz vege-tan carving leather, and stained with vinegaroon. The scabbards brass mounts are all hand made by me. The brass on the knife and scabbard were both lightly aged. The knife's brass mounts are castings from "THE RIFLE SHOPPE", and the grip is bone hand carved by Kyle Willyard. Hope you enjoy a look.

Tags
back, bone, brass, carved, carving, custom, forge, grip, hand, hand made, knife, leather, made, sheath