MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

View Poll Results: Are you a blue collar or white collar worker?
White collar 55 36.91%
Blue collar 94 63.09%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2007, 03:51 AM
Steel Addict

I'm a wood cuttin, game huntin, beer drinkin, truck drivin Aussie who wears Levis & a blue T but puts on a white shirt to impress the inlaws.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast

I am a white collar working, workin in the fields of management accounting as well as in the it field.

Knife making is just a hobby at this point in time.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Steel Addict

I am a white collar buttoned down management consultant by day and a rough and ready Rugby playing knifemaking fool by evening and night. I spent 23 years taking the relms coin (US Army) and its kind of nice to be clean and smell pretty.

[IMG]Click for information...[/IMG]
http://bradjohnsonknives.blademakers.com/
Old 07-26-2007, 08:35 AM

Im a blue colar steel fabricator blacksmith. I just quit my day job, now I work out of my garage. I do mostly high end railings.

David Jacobson

http://www.santacruziron.com
Old 07-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

I do glorified carpentry, (orthopaedic surgeon) my scrubs are green but usually come home red at the end of the day.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Enthusiast

White collar - messaging (email) and database administrator for a Bank. Occassionally I feel a little guilty when the grime can't be shifted from my hands, but overall love the 'double-life' - IT by day; tools and makin' stuff by night.

I am getting my kids involved when the opportunity arises - doing basic carpentry and weapon making from old fence palings (you know, swords, spears, bow and arrow), plus helped my nine year old son make a knife from a file (I did most of finishing, but he did a chunk of the grinding and shaping up).

"Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return there; the Lord has given, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Registered

I'm a electrical contractor. Owner/Operator...so to speak. I've done a few other "Jobs" over the years but, retired to just the current one.

I've carried some type of pocket knife since I was 9 years old. My Dad had a old 2 blade case. The larger blade snaped, so he ground it down too a 2 small blades knife.
I carried that knife for a few years until I had enough money to buy a Boy Scout pocket/utility knife.

At work, I carry some kind of medium blade, assisted opening pocket/clip knife. Usually a Kershaw. I use my knife many times a day untill somone says..."Thats a great looking knife you have there. Then, I give it to them and get a new knife out of the truck. I enjoy passing the luv!!!

Cheersd...Kilt Lad
Old 08-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

White collar, I'm afraid.

Retired from the USAF 5 years ago. I'm now an engineer/scientist for an aerospace firm working for the government in Northern Virginia. Lots of projects and lots of issues to address.

No knives at work. Neither at company locations nor, definitely, at the government compounds where I have offices.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Blue collar here. I work for a gas pipeline company at a compressor station. Shift work with 12 hour shifts. Gives me a fair amount of days off during the week, home alone, to work on those knife projects.
I keep a Case Russlock in my pocket. Have had it for about 6 years now and you know after opening it about a 1000 times you can open it with one hand.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:25 AM

Blue here , Tool & Die for about 24 yrs. , currently full time in a factory and part time in my home shop . Hope to be full time in my shop soon and have more time to make knives .
Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Registered

Self-employed. My best friend and I own a company that specializes in ultra high-end home theater, A/V, security, and whole-house integrated electronics/automation systems, and also high-end mobile electronics and security. I am also a part-time self-defense/tactical instructor.

I carry a double-edged, 6" blade primary knife and 4" blade neck knife for defensive use, a good folder and multi-tool for utility use, and a couple of handguns as well nearly all the time.

Ars sine scienta nihil est

Philippians 4:4-8
Leviticus 26:7

Old 12-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Steel Addict

Blue collar for me. I'm one of these gov't workers everyone jokes about, three guys leaning on a shovel and one in the ditch! But I'm the one in the ditch. For the last 18 years I have worked for a city in western washington doing grounds and building maint. irrigation repair, elec, concrete carpentry. this last year I transfered to the street dept as the traffic tech and now take care of all the road signs road markings and traffic signals. I have a lot of schooling ahead of me for a 50 year old student with short term memory
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

Somewhere between blue and white. 15 years in the fire service now in and admin/investiagtor job. Carry a Camillius Heat. Merry X-mas BeeBee
Old 01-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Enthusiast

Blue collar all the way. 11 years with the Sheriffs Dept. and the last 7 with Dept. of Corrections. 13 more to go. Before that it was heavy construction. A knife at work is out of the question but I am never without 1 at home and I don't have a favorite so it allows me to choose from several different knives but mostly folders.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Skilled

Send a message via Yahoo to combs6136
white,,,, I am a retired high school teacher.....But i taught auto tech...... Blue it is....Living in the country i carry a knife daily and use it.....carl

Tags
back, bee, blade, brand, custom, damascus, fixed blade, folding knife, forging, hammer, how to, hunting knife, iron, knife, knife making, knifemaker, knives, kydex, military, pocket, randall, sheath, spyderco, steel, wood