MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 03-01-2006, 12:09 PM

"The wrong Army"

Aint it the truth!

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THEWRONGARMY.HTML
Old 03-01-2006, 01:33 PM

The next time you see a man or woman in uniform, stop for ten seconds and reflect upon how much you owe that person, and his or her fellow Sailors, Marines, Soldiers, and Airmen.

Then say, "Thank you."

Old 03-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Skilled

Having spent 20+ years in the Army post Vietnam I heard all the wrong army talk that anyone could imagine. Somehow with that wrong army we managed to do some interesting things all over the world. All the recent talk about the wrong army just reminds me of all the similar talk from the past. I find it interesting that Hollywood California seems to be the current center of intelligentsia about the wrong army. I salute everyone who has in the past or is currently serving.
Jeff Clark
CW4, USA (retired)
Old 03-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Good article!

I was shocked a few years ago to visit the Smithsonian Museum and see how they watered down the Enola Gay exhibit.

Yet when I met one of the surviving pilots who flew Bock's Car (which bombed Nagasaki) at a gun show, it was hard to not be affected by the number of vets who came to shake the guy's hand (and often salute him!). These were guys who served on Iwo Jima and such, and their experience had them believing that they would never survive the invasion of Japan. They thanked that old pilot for ending the war and saving the lives of so many soldiers and civilians.

What a difference in perspective.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:22 AM

When I think about people like George Clooney telling the American people how their military is all wrong and the nation is led astray (because he once wore a uniform in a movie and is now an expert) it makes me want to go to his next movie and stand outside the theater slapping people in the head for giving that man their hard earned money!

If you don't like the way the government is being run, run for the presidency, get elected, and do it your #### self! Ain't democracy grand?

If you don't like the way the military is being run, get accepted to West Point, excell until you are promoted to General, get appointed as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and do it your #### self! Ain't stratified leadership grand?

But, that's ok. WE as veterans GRANT YOU THE RIGHT to bitch and moan about the selfless acts of heroism being undertaken in your name, and for your benifit, so that you may live comfortably in the knowledge that this freedom will never be taken from you.

Sorry. Touchy subject with me...

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Steel Addict

Andy,

I agree with you. I started out as an "E"--enlisted, (4 short years), and after I got thru college, ended up an "O". I agree with your sentiments!

Kent

RKS #109
Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Skilled

To all who have served or are serving now, I salute and thank you!

a reverent seuss
Old 03-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Steel Addict

Rob in Oz has been known to randomly thank Aussie and US servicemen and women for their service

Jesse is also learning to do so

I urge others to do the same random acts

To you good folks that have served

I humbly thank you for your service

Rob
Old 07-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Send a message via AIM to wookie
my 4 year old said it best

a couple weeks ago we went out to eat. 7 men in uniform came in while we were there. my son saw them and asked why they were in camo... was it hunting season. i told him no, that they were in the army. he went on to ask what they did in the army. the simplist answer i could think of for so young of person was that they pertected our freedom. he sat there for a few minutes. i could tell he was thinking real hard about some thing. so i asked him. he said he wanted to go talk to them. about that time one of the guys went past us to the bathroom. the little guy jump down off his chair and asked me to come with him. well i just thought he had to go pee so i went with him. he went in and started looking for the guy in uniform. well the guy was sittin instead of standin so i told him that the others were on the other side of the room. so we went over. the six guys were sitting there talking. i noticed all of them were wearing battle ribbins. i didn;t figure they would really pay that much mind to a little boy. well i was way wrong. you see that little man stood before them at the head of the table and very clearly and auditbly said " thank you for my freedom" well that table went silent as a grave. all those guys looked at him with tears in there eyes. i got a hand shake and a thank you for bringing him over and none of us big tough guys could talk much.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:11 AM

Great story, Wookie! Thanks.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 AM

Too overcome to think of a good reply; great stuff.

Thank you.

Mike Bartol
Commander,
VFW Post 6051

Old 08-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Master

Asd a retired Military Person I agree with what was said whole heartedly. Mainly because it's true was when I went in, in the 70's, when I got out in the 90's, and is still the same today.
Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.
Curtis M. Wilson, Ret-USAF