MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 12-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Enthusiast

trademarking

hi, it sounds like the iron on stuff would be easiest if i can get in the detail i want. otherwise, i saw something i'd like your opinions on, and that is the koval personalizer and personalizer plus for 119.00 and 198.00 respectively (the pp-2 also features variable voltage setting. usefull? why? i don't know, maybe you do ?). 119.00 is in my price range and seems to be able to accomplish the task for about the same cost as the home made version. on another equipment issue, i'm looking at band saws and belt sanders. again the price range for each is around 100.00 to 150.00. i like the grizzly model no. 8976 saw and the model no. g1020 sander. i also have considered the comparable delta machines but don't have the model nos. i want to be able to make fairly smooth cuts and slight curves in ats-34 up to 1/8''. i considered the 4'' sander hoping i can split belts to the sizes i need ( 4'', 2'', 1'').
Old 12-26-2002, 10:12 PM
Guru

Walker,

I tried to e-mail, but the site said you had that feature turned off. I have ordered the iron-on paper and it should be here in a few days, with a test to follow. However, I don't think I need to do a whole 8 1/2"x11" sheet with tests, so an offer to the board, If you all e-mail a logo, I will print them and cut out for all that I can get on the sheet with the tests. I will e-mail you and let you know if yours can be placed on. Bob Warner and Walker will get on for sure, any others as room will allow. I would like to be able to send 3-6 per person for trials. This will not only fill my sheet and not waste material, but let the method be tried on a number of different steels.

If you send me logos, also send the size you normally apply them so I can get them sized to suite you.

--Carl
Old 12-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Guru

Hi all,

Bob Warner just sent me a PM that said my e-mail was disabled, I wanted to let you know I have fixed it now.

--Carl
Old 12-29-2002, 12:51 AM

PnP transfer film?

Walker,

Is this PnP-blue paper (press-n-peel) you're using for your test?
I just bought some myself, but haven't tried it out yet. I know that it'll work on copper and silver, but not sure about steel. I'm anxious to find out how well it'll work on our blades.

Linda
Old 12-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Guru

Linda,

The stuff I am buying is not the PnP paper, from what I have read from people doing circuit boards, this has the benefit of not having to be peeled, thus not having the problem of removing some of the resist. I don't know if it will work on steel for sure, that is why I bought a pack for testing, hopefully it will be here soon and I can post a report on it. If you would like to do some tests also, send me a logo or image you would like to test with, and I will put it on my test sheet. Be sure to add size and your snail mail address so I can send them.

--Carl