MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Steel Addict

The Siberian, A knife by STeve Hoel, engraved by Barry Lee Hands

Siberian
Featuring the never before seen GOLD INLAID JADE and FIVE CARATS OF PAVE? SET DIAMONDS
This exquisite Steve Hoel folding knife features a luxurious overabundance of ornament; the finest in decoration by Barry Lee Hands utilizing precious metals and diamonds, with Barry?s original techniques.
The knife is a Sheffield model Hoel with a three and three sixteenth inch (81mm) blade and an overall length of seven and one half inches (190 mm).
The blade is of ATS 34, and the frame of 416 stainless steel features an inlay of Siberian Jade with contrasting tints of green, blue, white and grey.
Barry chose to decorate this piece with 24k yellow gold and green, blue and white diamonds, in his Renaissance leaf pattern, to compliment the beauty of the jade.
The rear bolsters feature the area of origin with five 24k yellow gold sculpted and shaded renaissance leaves in a swirling pattern of 24k gold leaves, and green, blue and white pave? set diamonds forming a luxuriant carpet of abundance on which the leaves rest.
The gold leaves continue onto the jade! Barry inlays Gold, for the first time, into jade.
This is a new, difficult and time consuming technique, developed by Barry, for this work.
The leaves seem to blow across the jade; inspired by the great winds which originate in Siberia.
The leaves continue onto the front bolster, which is decorated with seven leaves in all.
The leaves on the front and rear bolsters are set with 1.3 mm white diamonds.
The bolsters and jade are surrounded by generous borders of raised 24k gold.
On each side of the spine are set diamonds, alternating groups of three in blue, green and white.
This treatment continues all the way around each edge of the knife terminating in a field of pave? set diamonds on the rear of the bolsters.
The knife is set with more than 800 diamonds, an approximate weight of five carats.
The use of gold is prolific, and at the highest level of technical achievement.
These factors, combined with the original use, and only example extant, of Barry?s gold inlay into jade, make this a truly one of a kind example of the knifemaking and engraving arts at the highest level.
Offered at 79,000 USD

SOLD

Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Skilled

Amazing, simply amazing.

A good friend told me one time about forging "What is there not to like, you get to break all the rules you were told as a kid, don't play with that it is sharp, don't play with fire, and don't beat on that"
Wade Holloway

See some of my work.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Steel Addict

Now that"\'s what would be called BLING. Fabulous Work

Old 06-07-2013, 08:31 PM

Stunning work. You would have to hesitate on gutting an animal with it.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Steel Addict

Thanks guys, I am glad you enjoy it

Old 08-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Skilled

Mr. Hands, I've just got to ask, how long did it take to create that masterpiece?

And if it's not too crude a question, how much money did you sink into it's creation?

For me, that would be the piece de resistance of a lifetimes work, yet you crank out things of equal beauty on a regular basis, and I'm simply awed by your work.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Mr. Hands, I've just got to ask, how long did it take to create that masterpiece?

And if it's not too crude a question, how much money did you sink into it's creation?

For me, that would be the piece de resistance of a lifetimes work, yet you crank out things of equal beauty on a regular basis, and I'm simply awed by your work.
A long time, a lot, and thank you very much, I am glad you enjoy it.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast

Bravo, Barry! Bravo!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Enthusiast

Barry, thats a fantastic job. Very nice.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:59 AM

Most beautiful knife I've ever seen!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:55 AM

Thumbs up Wonderful!!

Always great to see your amazing work, Mr. Hands! Eye candy from the High End of engraving!!

Tags
blade, bolsters, diamonds, edge, engraving, folding, folding knife, gold inlay, hand, knife, knifemaking, make, pattern, sheffield, stainless, stainless steel, steel