MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 01-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Exclamation RMK Pandemonium in the Plaza! #12-9, #14 grind Ironwood

Hi folks!

Our ordinary super hero, Randall Man is just getting ready to leave after a short visit. Much to my delight, he brought me me a brand new Randall, a spectacular #12-9 (#14 grind) Non catalogue "Sportsman's Bowie".

The knife wended its way from the shop to Costa Mesa, California, from whence RM brought it by lightning speed, battling the elements all the way to the frozen wastelands of the Great White North.

I would like to extend a big thanks to Dan and his staff (Russ, Pam, Andrew, Lois, and Yuko) for ensuring that I was able to add this gorgeous Randall to my collection.

Proprietor of Plaza Cutlery, Dan Delavan receives three orders of Randalls a year, and offers innovative ways of selling them on each occasion. For this sale, about half of the knives were special orders that were reserved for customers in advance. (This was the case with mine.) About a ten others were offered on a "first come first first serve" basis to those who would call in beginning at 10:00 am. However, walk-in customers were given a fifteen minute head start.

Randall Man arrived around 9:30 am, and I'll let him give you his account of the "feeding frenzy" that transpired once the doors to Plaza Cutlery were opened at 9:45 am.

Cheers!

Moosehead

Old 01-20-2007, 03:40 PM

Yikes!

Howdy folks!

As y'all know I'm used to dealing with all sorts of mayhem, but nuthin' comes close to the scene that transpired at Dan's Plaza last Monday mornin'. A crowd of restless lookin' men were lined up outside the door. Most of 'em had a wild look in their eyes, and there was as much excitement in the air as there was when tickets for the Red Sox World Series games went on sale at Fenway Park back in 2004.

When the doors finally opened, there was a sudden rush of these crazed RMK maniacs. Two rather large sized gentlemen got 'emselves wedged between the doors jams, and it took Dan and two of his staff a couple of minutes to pry 'em loose. (It was worse than the bull rider's stampede in Calgary back in '86.)

While Dan and I organized this mob into a fair lineup inside the store, a rather attractive woman strolled in to enquire about a Gerber. Just at this moment a very hefty fella who had scooped up his choice, a stag handled "Smithsonian", started wielding it over his head yelping out a string of woo-hoos. Lordy, he almost decapitated the poor woman!

Fortunately we were able to restore order. Eventually a dozen very happy fellas strode off with their new Randalls in tow, while those who had arrived too late headed to the local saloon (where extra bouncers had been hired in anticipation). This was not the first Monday morning in Costa Mesa they had to contend with a group of disappointed Randall nuts.

Well, folks I was finally able to get a hold of my pal Moosehead's knife, and it sure is a beauty! It only took me two days to bring it up to him despite the freezin' rain, blizzards and Arctic temperatures I encountered along the way to Mooseheadland.

Sorry folks, I gotta run, so back to Moosehead...

Best

RM

Faster than a Starflight. More powerful than a #14 Attack. Able to leap continents with a single mouse click. Look! Up in the sky! It's a knife. It's a sheath. It's Randall Man! A strange visitor from Mars who came to Earth with powers far beyond those of mortal men. Randall Man - who can change the course of streams of consciousness, bend steel with his bare hands, and who, disguised as ?, mild mannered collector of RMK, fights the unending battle for Truth, Justice and the Humane Way.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Well, there you have it folks, straight from our very own Randall Man. There's no doubting the powerful attraction of Randall knives!

You can check out Dan's store on his website here:
www.plazacutlery.com

By the way, you can check with Dan to verify RM's account of this story, but you had better give him a couple of weeks to recover.

Now here are some photos of my new Randall. (I'm sorry for the poor picture quality, but this was a rush job.):

Cheers!

David

Old 01-20-2007, 04:00 PM

Moosebreath,

I like everything I see except your new nightgown! Congratulations Sure wish I was as tight as you with Randall Man
Old 01-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Skilled

Hey, another beauty for the Mooseman! I do love the way that is configured and what a chunk of wood! That may be too dangerous for you to hold without supervision!

Thanks for sharing Moose!

seuss
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14 PM

Beautiful. Like a dream, this knife!

Tags
knife, knives