MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 09-12-2001, 10:43 AM
Ed Caffrey

Prayers for our Nation

Yesterday was a sad day for all Americans. For the first time since the war of 1812, an attack upon the continental US took place. Hopefully this has opened some eyes to the fact that we are not immune to the horrors that only occur "in other parts of the world". Please join with me in prayers for our nation, it's people, and the resolve to rise above the destruction of life and property that has occured.
As I write this, I am returning from a 30 hr stint of duty spent securing my base, and waiting for whatever is to come. As a life long military man, I feel the anger, as well as the grief that is always a part of conflict.
It is indeed a great nation where people such as ourselves have the freedom to practice the art that we do, to enjoy it's fruits, and the friendships it creates. Please join with me is support our President, and other national leaders as we go forward. May God Bless each and every one of you!
Old 09-12-2001, 10:55 AM
Gary Mulkey

It was heart warming to hear that in the nation-wide poll that was taken Tuesday night: 91% of those polled had already said a prayer in responce to the terrorist attack. Let's hope that the rescue workers are succesful in finding survivors.

Gary
Old 09-12-2001, 11:28 AM
Sweany

Amen

Amen Ed,it has been a hard day for all. Some have risen to the occasion and responded to the call even giving their lives in the case of firefighters, police and rescue workers.

Many responded in prayer, And giving blood.

Others responded by feeding panic to the population and using the blood of thousands of innocent victims to further their political agendas.

Some here in OK responded to peoples fears by raising gas prices , rumors of $3.00 a gallon my boss's wife paid $1.99 it went up as she was waiting in line.
Police had to be called to break up fights.

Yes. we do need to pray for this nation.
Amen.
Old 09-13-2001, 03:31 AM
Cyrus Chan

Re: Amen

We in Europe are all in deep grief about what has happened in New York. Everybody is totally shattered and nobody could imagine that such a terrorist act could have happened to your country. But it is not just us Europeans it is the whole world including the countries in the middle east. I think this was not an islamic thing, it was the act from a maniac. People I spoke to and who are islamic feel the same as we do because they are just like us simply humans . Let us pray for all people loosing their life in any country from North Ireland and the European continent, to Israel and the whole Middle East and now in your country.
I pray for all victims.
Cyrus
Old 09-13-2001, 04:55 PM
Sweany

thanks

Thanks Cyrus, I appreciate that very much. Indeed the whole world does need prayer.

Terroism has gone on too long. In Tom Clancys book
Rainbow Six, he tells a story on an international Anti-Terroist force made up from members and resources of several nations, the force is even secret from most of the
individual governments, need to know basis.

The world should be made clear of this kinda thing, wherever it is.
Old 09-15-2001, 06:41 PM
gary mills

Re: thanks

ed,
i think you covered all the bases pretty well with your statement.
please know that what ever happens next you and all the men and women like you will also be in our prayers.god bless all of you.
sincerely
gary mills
port lavaca texas