MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Registered

Knife maker wannabe

Hello folks! warmest greetings to y'all from the Philippine islands! Found your community board and would like to know more about you guys and your craft. been interested in blades since I was a kid. I know quite a bit about the local products but would like to see and know more about your products.

BTW is there anyone who makes and designs credit card type folders? Been intersted since Spyderkard and cardsharp. Seems there's such a gap in the market for these kinds of knives.

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Master

Welcome to the forums. What part of the Philippines are you in? I'm living in Cebu.

There are a few makers that make credit card knives but the only one I can recall right now is the Crisis Card by Mike Snody.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUBE View Post
Welcome to the forums. What part of the Philippines are you in? I'm living in Cebu.

There are a few makers that make credit card knives but the only one I can recall right now is the Crisis Card by Mike Snody.
Thank you for the warm welcome! Cebu, great place to live, i'd love to visit one day. I live in the heart of Metro Manila, Caloocan to be exact.

BTW I'be been meaning to produce a prototype creditcard knife, been using 3d software to render my model then resorted to cardboard cutouts to get a feel and measurements of my design. For the liner, I've been thinking of using aluminium but worried about it's hardness (or lack of it) as for stainless steel I can't find one suited for the job in terms of thickness. I'm now in the process of designing the locking mechanism for it. Will post some drawings of the knife. (if it's apt for this section, or should I be posting it some place else?)
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Master

Its pretty nice. Although I live on Mactan, right next to the city so theres a few too many people for me. Province life suits me better but its hard to find internet and supplies out there.

Posting pics here is fine, people do it often. There is also a showcase/gallery section you can post pics in. Looking forward to seeing them.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Registered

Okay here goes, Tell me what ya think.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Master

Pretty darn cool if you ask me

Tags
bee, design, knife, knives, post, software, stainless steel, steel, supplies