MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 05-19-2003, 04:26 PM

NEW ITEMS: Kydex forming press and adapter for kydex press.

Hi Folks.
We have had so many requests for a kydex forming press so we went forward and built them.

1. We have now a stand alone press for knives up to a 4 inch blade.
This press has an adjustable top plate, replaceable foam top and bottom. It can be used for either the fold over type sheaths or the single sided sheaths with a flat back. With your own dies you can make belt loops also. This unit works well for flashlights, guns, mag holders etc.
We will also offer this press special order in a 6 x 12 size for large knives or objects.

2. For our kydex press with have built a set of dies that will allow you to make up to a 4 inch blade length flat faced sheath. These dies slip right on to your kydex rivet press. It is fast and efficient.
With one machine you can make a complete sheath now.

Both units come complete with foam and are ready to start making sheaths.

http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pag..._kkmp-main.htm

Here is the link to the table top model.

Alex will have the pictures of the die set for the kydex rivet press up soon.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Registered

Hello "Darrel Ralph", I am brand new here. I run a company called survival consultants international (which will come right up if you google the name). I build life saving products, devices and systems.
I am currently working on a unique addition to the M9 Beretta Pistol.
My big question is this, I see the kydex forming press, and was wondering if it would work for pistols, pistols with above the slide optics, a pistol with above slide optics AND lower flashlight? You see, my system requires a whole new holster...
I did order the DVD the site offers in ref. to how to make sheaths and holsters.
Im just wondering, before it gets here, if im looking at the right equipment? my next question is , how do you generally form the kydex around the pistol at first? What are the basics? Thanks for David
Old 09-18-2006, 02:11 PM

Sir,
Yes it will work for a large percentage of what you want t make holsters for.
Some of this will depend on you and your imagination when it comes to the process you use for molding.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

Hi Darrel, I reckon my post got found requesting a thread, or forum place. I don't know if Im the only one interested ? But Im glad its started, Thank you!
Well, I've made about a half dozen holsters, iwb's, paddles, belt loops, and belt slides.
Boy have I learned alot about what can and can't be done in a very short time, and see thats theres a fair amount of patience one must have.
As you know, the presses were B/O'd, so being me, I build my own. I just can't get the foam anywhere. The right peices of foam, or lack there of, or substitute (for instance, you can use a harder/non melting rubber if you want the bottom, back to indent a little, and the foam you supply for that deep creasing.
I think, and this is just my two cents, there is a need for more types of screws, etc.
Done alot of looking and see all kinds of different fasteners.
Do you know of someone I can acquire that kind of stuff from? (I will buy what you guys sell from you)....
Anyways, The video is the right place to start, whether you think you know anything or not. It gives you the confidence to go for that first rolled over holster. Best, David

Tags
blade, knife, knives