MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Steel Addict

It's been a few months for this thread. Thought I'd bump it and see if anyone had anything new to trade.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Skilled

Glad to see this thread get bumped again. Recently I picked up some old wrought iron and I realized just how much steel I have collected. Everything from automotive leaf springs to industrial chains (chainsaw, forklift, and some that weighs 50lbs per 3ft), of course enough cable to reach Mobile, large bandsaw blade from a saw mill (not L-6). Large roller bearings from train engines to earth movers. Geez I'm a hoarder. I'm working on really making nicer knives. I love wood burls, stag and yet to work with horn. And large Black Diamond double cut files...yep can't get enough of those. lol help me clean up around my shop.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Steel Addict

I have books, steel, wood, ivory and tools to trade. Teddy
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Skilled

I have DVDs listed to trade. What's weird is i started to bump this thread last night
I have Chris Crawford slipjoint video, Wanye Goddard cable damascus video, Chuck Burrows sheath video, S R Johnson subhilt video and Bill Wiggins forging a hunter/utility knife start to finish. Looking for Books or DVDs in trade

Old 12-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Skilled

Teddy, I'm curious about that wood and ivory. Take a look at the junk I have listed, also note I have a lot of old wrought iron (some dating back to the 1830's) from low quality to some that was such a high quality that I had trouble determining it was wrought. lol.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccustomknives View Post
Teddy, I'm curious about that wood and ivory. Take a look at the junk I have listed, also note I have a lot of old wrought iron (some dating back to the 1830's) from low quality to some that was such a high quality that I had trouble determining it was wrought. lol.
I have elephant ivory, walrus ivory, whales tooth, boar tusks, and fossilized ivory. I have all kinds of woods, some burl and some exocitics. Unfortunately, I'm not to big of a fan of wrought iron.

I also have a book (How to Make Knives by Richard Barney and Robert W. Loveless) that may hold someone's interest. Looking for books and dvd's only. Teddy
Old 12-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Master

this is a great thread , back to the top with much interest !!

Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Steel Addict

Teddy what kinda tools do you have for trade?
Old 12-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Skilled

I totally forgot about this. Perfect for the beginner bladesmith. I built this from a section of RR track. It weighs about 150lbs in total. I made many a knife on this (like the one on it). It has gotten moved out of my shop and needs a new home.

Tags
1084, 440c, 5160, art, blades, brand, brass, chris, crawford, damascus, design, for sale, forge, handle, knife, knives, make, material, materials, stainless, stainless steel, steel, video, what kind, wood