MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Old 06-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Steel Addict

Starting with the basics?

So I've been making knives for a couple years, doing it decent for a year or two. After perusing the web for hours on end and seeing Coop's work (and others) and being astonished/impressed, I really have the desire to create quality pictures of my work. I've been using a ghetto light box and a run of the mill digital camera for the last year and it doesn't come close to cutting it. At the same time I feel I've stumbled into a country that speaks a different language and can't make heads from tails.

So the question is, where can I learn the basics (and advanced stuff in progression)? If you guys have any type of advice on how to acquire this knowledge I would be grateful. I'm a young guy and have no problem with technology but many terms and photography things are thrown around that I'm sure is basic, but I have no clue about photography. So where do I start?

I'm going to set up a much better light box as a starting point, but would like to get into editing software and so on. I try to pick up what I can from the forums and searching on my own, but it's much easier to learn something knew if there is everything laid out and explained.

Thanks, I appreciate guidance.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:19 AM
Registered

congrats on your work

I am less aware of the thing you are asking for ...but still I too want to know about the things you area sking fr.
I appreciate your work..
Becasue doing these kind of work is an art..
Every one dont have much passion in this..But I think you are doing it well.
So I have to congratulate for that..
Good going...God bless you!!1
I am a writer by profession.we help students who come up with the need of write my essay
Old 04-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Banned

Yes, there are a lot of peculiarities that can be added into the list of the following.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:55 PM
Registered

My sister recently started to learn photographer basics too, I asked her to share where you can start learning, try to check this site https://www.skillshare.com/browse/photography

Also, I guess you find courses from this source useful in the blade crafting business too

Tags
a, advice, art, axe, bee, bingo, blacksmithing, bladesmithing, ca, dagger, digital, how to, knife, knives, make, making, metal, photography, software, sword, throw