MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum

The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild Forum The North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild. Raising the general awareness of custom knives and the people who make them.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Steel Addict

Sheath by Travis Daniel

The knife I made in the Beginner's class a couple weeks ago needed a proper sheath. Travis, Barry and Philip helped me tremendously with my grinding and finishing skills but my leather working abilities just aren't up to par with how nice a knife I came away with. I asked Travis if he would make a sheath for it since I really like his designs and he does a superb job. Being the great guy he is he agreed and said he would do it as part of the Advanced class last weekend. Working away from his normal shop, not having all the tools he is used to as well as being time constrained to get it completed in a couple hours he still managed to make this little work of art. We all sat in amazement at his skill and knowledge as Travis worked and talked, teaching the whole time. He even let me get in the way to help. My photography is actually worse than my leather working and knifemaking capabilities. It looks beautiful in person.

Anyway, I brought in a picture off the internet of a sheath he had made and took home a real one better than I ever could have asked for. Thanks again Travis, for sharing your knowledge, know how and easy going style.

Robb
Old 09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Skilled

that's a sweet total package. The sheath is very nice. Travis is a great teacher and a fantastic sheath maker.
bring it to the guild meeting in Oct. also don't forget your chopper.

Steve

steve@ksrblades.com
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Master

Send a message via MSN to ArtinNC
Knife and sheath both very nice.

Tags
easy, forge, grinding, home, knife, knifemaking, leather, made, make, package, photography, sheath, tools