MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 08-05-2001, 08:33 PM
Brad Duncan

Central Texas Knife Show

I have to thank all of you that came out to the show.The show was great this year.I had lots of fun and got to meet some great people.I am gearing up for the Spirit of Steel show at the end of August.Look for some suprizes at my table.I hope all of you can make it.Well at least some of you.I have to say that my Prayers are with the Lile's.I hope that they recover quickley.
Everyone take care and watch out.It is a crazy world out there.

www.duncanknives.com/main.htm
Old 08-06-2001, 10:11 AM
Jason G Howell

I enjoyed the show too. Good visiting with you again Brad. Keep up the good work. The Texas Knifemakers' And Collectors Association paid for some free passes at the show... THANKS! It was a steady crowd that eased midday Sunday. Chris is on his way to having a great show.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:41 AM
viper5192

I hear a thief was caught! Good going Dwayne! Don't let them suckers try and steal your hard earned work!
Old 08-06-2001, 03:01 PM
Shotgunone

I had a really good time. And profitable too!!! No I didn't sell a knife and didn't even have a table. But I met with some knifemaker friends and hopefully made some new ones. Got lots of advise and want to thank each one of you that took the time to look at my knives and offer suggestions for improvement. It was a learning experience and profitable as I said before. Many thanks to all of you for your help and guidance, Johnny Stout, Pat Patterson, Jason Howell, Richard Epting, Dwayne Dushane, Martin Pullen, Harvey Dean, and last but certainly not least Bill Ruple. I hope I didn't miss anybody, but if I did accept my apology.

And Bill I really liked your trapper knives. And your Three bladed sowbellys were great. But 5 blades - in one knife. All of them fold up, together, in one knife!!!!!!!!. Fit and finish is fantastic. 5 blades .... five blades ..... one, two, three, four, five BLADES!!!!!!! Holy Cow. And split back whittlers!!!!!!! Awsome.

Really fun time. Lots and lots of fantastic knives. I am really look forward to the Dallas show now just to see what is next.

Regards,
Old 08-06-2001, 09:56 PM
ddushane

Central Texas Knife Show

Hey guys, It was good seeing everyone, & meeting new friends as well, Brad Duncan is a nice
guy, & makes some nice knives, I think I played with everyone of them, I really enjoyed myself over
the weekend until you know what happened the last 30 minutes of the show, but I found it in his car
& he went to jail, I hope it was the right thing to do, He's been caught several times in the past & I
was there one time in Las Vegas about four years ago at the Guild show but I don't think he has
ever been prosicuted for it, I told him that we work hard for what we get, the time we put into the
knives we build & spend time away from our families doing it. & none of us can afford to have
knives stolen off of our tables. I'm sorry he had to go to jail, but hopefully all will be ok.
I also will be praying for the family that had the trouble over the weekend. Well I'm very glad I got to
see everyone, & feel it is a blessing to be able to get away for a while & get to spend quality time with you
guys, I charish your friendships, & will charish the new ones as well. Brad keep up the Great work, Jason I still want that piece of mastadon Ivory that you put on your table, & to all of you other ya hoos, well I'll think of something for yall later, Hope all of yall get to come to Johnny's for the hammer in in September, we're gonna have a great time. Later Dude's Dwayne
Old 08-06-2001, 10:15 PM
viper5192

Don't feel sorry the guy went to jail! Sounds like he has been given too many breaks. I mean it is your work he was trying to steal. Way I look at it he finally is being brought to justice!

Old 08-07-2001, 04:50 AM
george tichbourne

Good to hear that you got a crowd this year, last year was disapointing but what can you expect when they close the highway.
Old 08-07-2001, 05:51 AM
Jason G Howell

Hey George, missed your smile this year! Yep, I think it was a much better crowd this year. Chris did a great job.

And, no, you can't have my mammoth, Dwayne... See all of y'all at the SOS.

Old 08-09-2001, 06:06 PM
Brad Duncan

Thief,Theif,Well however you spell it!!

Come to find out,The guy who stole the knife at the end of the show was my first customer of the show.He bought 2 knives and paid in cash 1000.00.He is the last one I would have suspected.####,I thought I had a good customer.I have made the decision that I will not sell that guy another one of my knives ever.I mean Never ever again.He just screwed up his whole image.I feel like posting a pic so everyone can be on the look out and keep him out of the custom market place.This chaps my A@*.This guy had money,He just wanted it for nothin.I wish I could take back this sale.What a jerk off.
Brad
Old 08-10-2001, 01:01 AM
ansoknives

Re: Thief,Theif,Well however you spell it!!

ya...stealing knives sucks real bad....A few years ago there was a small (real small) show in a museum in Denmark...well the museum had a real good alrm system so alot of the makers just left thir knives on the table over night (I would never do that).....next morning there was a breakin and within 4-5 minuttes the police arrive to find out they had stolen about 30.000 worht of knives and about 15.000$ worth of mammothivory from a dealer.....never showed up.
Old 08-18-2001, 02:55 AM
KandSKNIVES

Re: Thief,Theif,Well however you spell it!!

WELL, JUST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE AND KEEPIING MY KNIVES,DOES THIS THIEF HAVE A NAME.
KEN (WWJD)
Old 08-20-2001, 06:34 PM
Brad Duncan

Picture

Send me a e-mail and I will send you a picture of the Suspect.

duncanknives@yahoo.com

Tags
knife, knives