MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > This Old Knife

This Old Knife Here is a little forum dedicated to talking about, but not limited to, vintage and antique knives. Pics and stories of special knives or your favorite patterns are encouraged. No experts here. Just guys chattin about old knives and the legends we hav

Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 PM

Question george hale knives

i have 2 folding knives made by george hale,i bought them from him at a gun show in baton rouge,la. in the early 1980's.one of them has alligator skin handles with a small metal alligator on each side,and 2 pieces of ivory with 2 pieces of eastern blue turquoise in the center of the ivory,it has "hale" in capital letters engraved on the blade parallel with the blade at the top near the bolster.the other is called "folding tanto" it has elephant ivory handles,a tanto blade with temper lines on the blade,and 'hale' in capital letters vertical to the blade near the bolster.i also have a card with each knife hand written and signed by george hale,describing each knife.
does any one know anything about these knives,and is george hale related to loyd hale?
geowmix
Old 12-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure about the answer on that. Lloyd is a member here. You might look him up in the member list and send him an e-mail, or private message.

Go to his profile page here http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/member.php?u=968
Then, click on the "contact' tab to get in touch with him.

Welcome to the forum!

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Steel Addict

George Hale was from Oklahoma. He is no longer with us. He and his wife Cindy had a store in Vinita ,Oklahoma for several years.
He was one of the first computer people with Phillips Petroleum way back when. He used to set up at the Wannamaker show and sell many different items.
Some of the knives he had were rehandled knives made by other sources.
I do not believe he was related to Loyd Hale.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:51 AM

Question george hale knives

thanks for the info on george hale.
does any one know anything about the value of his knives made in the early 1980's.
geowmix
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered

george hale

My grandpa and grandma Mac & Clyde McGee were gun and knife show dealers mainly in the midsouth region dealed in George Hale knifes and other things that George and Cindy his wife made. They went to Oklahoma to George and Cindy's place to get there supplys for the gun shows. I went to many gun shows with them when I was a kid untill grandpa got sick and he passed away in 94. I know for a fact that George and cindy never made doubles of anything they made. The knives and jewlrey are one of a kind they never made one the same even if someone tried to pay them to make a double they wouldn't do it. Back in the mid 80's the bowies were selling over a 1500 dollars a piece. all the stuff they put in the handles are real. Being that there are only one of each in the world they are very valuable. I have no idea how much they are worth today. I still have all the George Hale knives that my grandpa gave me on birthdays and holidays threw the years and they are not for sell ever. I even have a few bowies that he gave me with solid ivory handles. They are more sentimental to me I could never get rid of them. Just to see about ten years ago I had one of the bowies appraised they said just the ivory on the handle alone was worth 5000 dollars being that there one of a kind and now they are antique there are no telling what they are worth they are priceless. If you got anything George hale in the midsouth it probably come from my Grandpa Mac McGee.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 AM

george hale knives

thanks sandman neither of my george hale knives have ever been used or carried,they are just like when i bought them.where can i have them appraised
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

Lightbulb George Hale knives

Z

Last edited by Beccaboo2003; 08-04-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Delete
Old 07-26-2014, 08:12 PM
Registered

Smile ??? I Have a huge HALE knife & West knife

I have a Huge knife with HALE on it. It is about 23 inches long, and handle about 9 inches. It has a zebra wood base and over 3 inches of turquoise and old coins and small lizards, and alligator, and nugget look on it, and a snake with stones on other side. I have a paper in my safe that gives exact details of the knife. It was on display at an old restaurant in Monroe before we got it through auction. Any one have any idea what this would be worth? I also have a Huge about 28 inch long for entire knife and for antler horn about 8 inches knife with WEST on it that also came from the same place. any info on it?? I have pics of both. Have a few other knives n a carved wood sword but these r the most interesting of them. I appreciate any help with them!
Old 10-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Registered

Hale knives

My son and I both have a Hale knife. Mine is a simple hunting knife but his is a much larger knife with a handle we were told is made from
Mammoth Ivory. There is unfortunately a crack in the Ivory on one side of the handle. I've always wondered about its value. Got both knives from a collector
In Arkansas. His name is Joe Smith and was a dear friend. He died a few years back. Whenever he found a Hale knife, he bought it. When I learn how to post pictures, I'll post them.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Registered

I collect hale knives as well. let me know if you ever come across any. thanks!
Old 01-15-2019, 01:03 AM
Registered

George Hale knives

Hi jgaines,
I have 2 George Hale knives for sale if you're interested.
They are clip point bowies.
If you're interested I'll provide more details.
Cheers,
D

Tags
antique, antler, art, back, bee, beginning, blade, carved, clip point, for sale, handle, horn, hunter, hunting, hunting knife, ivory, knife, knives, made, make, post, sale, wood, zebra wood