MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Damascus Forum

The Damascus Forum The art and study of Damascus steel making.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Skilled

Thumbs up

Welcome, Steve Glad to have you with us !

~ Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum ~
Old 06-29-2004, 09:38 AM

Steve-

A big welcome to the Knife Network! (I'm still trying to get used to not saying "CKDForums").

It was a pleasure meeting you at Blade (I was the guy bending your ear about the Forums when Alex and Darrel walked over). It is indeed an honor to have yet another master of your caliber in our midst. I know I'll be spending time here gleaning some of your sage advice!

While talking with you at Blade, we were discussing the business end of the knife industry and you mentioned how you thought you'd been taking it a little too easy with your own marketing...and how you were going to start getting more aggressive. When you told me "the blinders are coming off"..you weren't kidding! This is a great place to come out fighting and as moderator of this forum I'm sure you'll do just that...in Spades!

So glad to have you here!!!

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby!

Old 07-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Steel Addict

I would be remiss if I didn't say "Hello" Steve. At least now I will know when your around.
Ray Kirk

Old 07-11-2004, 02:13 PM

Good news indeed! I'm not a maker but I have had the pleasure of getting to know Steve Schwarzer over the past year or so. In addition to his enormous talent, he is a terrific teacher. I've sat in on a couple of his damascus demonstrations at ABS hammer-ins; learned a lot myself but also noted the intense interest Steve stimulates in his audience. He's a very funny guy too - don't get him started on wrasslin' gators though! Here's a picture of Steve during a damascus demonstration at the Batson Symposium in Alabama this past April. That's my wife, Laura assisting during the demo.

If you haven't visited Steve's website, you should. Here's the link: http://www.steveschwarzer.com/index.htm Check out the "My Other Adventures" page. That little cannon of his looks like outrageous fun!

Laura and I are fortunate to own a couple of Steve's fantastic folders. You can see one of them at this link: http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22298 Unless there is an objection, maybe I should start a thread with an image of each knife and see if those who frequent this forum would like to have Steve discuss aspects of his technique and/or answer questions.

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 07-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Guru

Hi Steve and welcome! Your work is outstanding, and we are very fortunate to have you here. Thanks!

KempKnives.com

Tags
blade, knife, knives