MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 11-21-2004, 08:17 PM

December 04 meeting

Hello everyone,

Wanted to remind you of the next meeting of the Georgia Custom Knifemakers' Guild. It will be held at the home of Jamey & Lelia Saunders on December 04. It looks like Carl has set up another good day of demos One of the demos will be an unveiling of the new website for the Guild. Jamey Saunders is our webmaster and we think you will be very pleased at the changes in the site. Jamey has not only designed the site to be informative but also to be of benefit the members. I think all of the members will be excited to see the changes.

John and the Board of Directors are looking forward to this meeting and getting together with all of you again. If you are not on our e-mail list and would like to attend, you can send me an e-mail and I will get the information out to you.

See you December 04!

John & Joan Poythress

Last edited by mrsjoan; 11-21-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via ICQ to deangates Send a message via Yahoo to deangates
info

hey joan, can we get a little more info on what's happening at the meeting for the new people who may be interested in our guild.

see my knives at :www.gatescustomknives.net
Old 11-22-2004, 09:46 PM

Hey Dean,

Carl has lined up a demo on shop safety, hollow grinding, spiral fluting, and the web site will be unveiled.

Of course we will have Iron-In-The-Hat, and the examination of knives by the Board of Directors for those who are ready to become voting members of the Guild. Those folks will need to bring 3 knives, all completely hand made by them (except for screws, rivets, etc....) for the Board to look over.

For those who aren't familiar with Iron-In-The-Hat, this is how it works: bring an item to be put on the "drawing table". Then tickets will be sold ($1 each or 6 for $5). The stubs will be drawn and if your number is drawn you get to pick off the table. The more tickets that are sold the better we eat. We draw and pick till everything is gone. Same with eating---till it is all gone.

It will be a good day of learning and fellowship. We hope everyone will be able to make it. If you need any other information or directions just send me an e-mail and I will send you an agenda complete with demos, times, and directions.

Thanks

Tags
knives