MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Skilled

whittling knives

Here are the first few whittling knives i made for the local boy scout pack, there will be 11 when everything is said and done. I have to re touch up the blades, sharpen and put on some tung oil then its off to the scouts. I made all of the pins myself the handles are as follows from top to bottom: Canary wood, spalted maple (not too much "spalt" showing but a interesting design on the top of the knife), satinwood, satinwood, purple heart, two tone amazon rosewood. If i had more time to work on them i would have etched the hamon. The bottom knife kinda shows the hamon design I was going for with most of the batch.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by jdale; 02-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Steel Addict

I reckon the boys will be very happy with them, well done.

Bruce.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast

I agree, the boys should be happy and proud to receive such offerings. I had thought about doing something similiar for the boys in my sons troop, but i decided against it for the time being. Maybe next year. Anyway, going looking set!!

Fireball

Old 02-24-2012, 03:46 PM

Yea, Im sure the boys will love these. They came out great.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Skilled

Finally finished the order, though it felt really wrong to make them look sharp without actually being sharp. But they work exactly like I wanted them to. The knives will easily carve soap without slicing into little fingers, and when the scouts progress to whittling wood they can be honed to razor sharp in about 10 seconds.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:01 PM

Those are some great looking carvers. I have been carving wood for a few years now and plan to make myself a set of carving knives to fit my carving style. One will be very similiar to these....good job.

Tags
bee, carving, design, knife, knives, make, pins, wood