MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > Knives For Sale - Custom

Knives For Sale - Custom Custom Knives for Sale (All Styles). These knives are offered by the individual sellers.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Skilled

Neo-tribal dha bush sword daisho with integral socket handles

Neo-Tribal Dha Daisho:

This is a pair of dha that I made a little while back. They are based on southeast Asian dha, which have a vaguely similar profile to katana, though with very different construction.

Both of these have integral socket handles, which are not traditional on dha (nothing I do is traditional, really). Handles are wrapped in hemp, with cotton cord Turk's head knots, sealed in black shellac. Both of them have spines averaging 1/8" thick. The steel is 5160, triple normalized, triple hardened, and triple tempered.

The big one has an overall length of 27 5/8", a blade length of 19", a three-strand Turk's head knot at the blade end of the handle and a two-strand at the butt end.

The little one has an overall length of 19 3/8", a blade length of 12 3/4", and two-strand Turk's head knots fore and aft.

Price: $400 for the small one, $500 for the big one, $700 for the pair. I think it would be interesting to keep them together, so I am willing to knock $100 off of each if you are willing to buy both. Prices do not include shipping and handling. Please PM me if you are interested. *SALE PENDING*

A blog I share with a friend where we think out loud upon occasion: http://shareourcampfire.blogspot.com/

Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

My new blog dedicated to the metalwork I make and sell: http://helmforge.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Stormcrow; 11-24-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Tags
blade, knife