MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Tool Time

Tool Time Let's talk shop. Equipment, Tips & Tricks, Safety issues - Post it here.

Old 06-01-2001, 07:51 PM
Bob Warner

Geno's Video

For those of you that have not seen Gene's video, I recomend you pick it up. I have been making knives for years and am always looking for a better, faster, or different way to do things. Gene's video has several benefits for the new maker as well as seasoned makers.

First of all it is inexpensive.
I have purchased videos from other makers and have liked them and learned from them as well, however I paid a lot more money for them.

Second, it covers more things.
The other videos cover the basic's of knifemaking. Gene covers the filework, sheath making and "TIPS" that others don't.

Third, he does not talk down to you.
Other videos have the maker talking to you as if they are superior to you. Gene just tells you how he does things. He makes no assumptions about your ability or knowledge. He does not pretend to be anything other than a regular guy. He just shows you how he does it. I really appreciate this.

And on top of it all, he makes himself available to others all the time and will answer ANY question directly and without any BS. I have met and talked knives with a lot of people, some quite famous in the custom knife game. Some of them will talk all day but not share anything with you. Some will answer a question but they make the answer incredibly hard to follow. I felt like they are afraid of competition. Until I got involved with the CKD, I really never trusted the answers I was getting from makers. Now I know that the "Knifemakers will help" stories are true and Gene is at the top of the list at that.

If you are not sure about investing the $20 for this video, I tell you that you will get your money's worth and if you can spare the cash, buy the video. You won't regret it.

Is there a reason I am so willing to back Gene and his video? Yes there is. Gene is a hard working person that supports his family doing something that the rest of us do. Yet he will tell you his secrets. You someday may sell a knife to a person that may have bought from Gene had they not seen yours first. Yet he still will share his knowledge with you. I met Gene at a knife show and asked him how a mechanism worked on a folder. I had asked this same question to several other makers at the same show. From the other makers I got answers like "Trade Secret" or "You would be better off if you just tried to figure it out yourself." Gene grabbed a knife from his table and took it apart for me and showed me EXACTLY how it worked. Then he invited me to his shop. I spent a few hours picking his brain and walked away a little smarter than when I arrived.

Even if I was so arrogant to thing I knew everything about knifemaking, I would buy Gene's video just to support such a stand up person.

Good luck Gene.

P.S. Start the folder video I "KNOW" you will someday make.
Old 06-02-2001, 08:46 AM
Bill Foote

I received mine and I agree, it's very informative. I'm glad I ordered it. New techniques are always welcome in my newbie shop.
Old 06-02-2001, 03:55 PM
Geno

Thanks Guys,
I didn't expect all the attention that this video is getting.Good reviews here and the other forums too. Thanks.

I tried to put a little something in there for everyone.
The beginners can grind beautiful Hollow grinds quickly on a jig that can easily be made at home.
Even the old Pro's can find secrets revealed in here.
My way is quick and repeatable, eventhough every knife I make is a "One of a kind".
You can use this info to make any kind of knife you want.

I hope it helps Newbies get started, and helps get prettier knives to the shows.

I hope to have others out soon.
One is JUST on sharpening, and one on LOCKBACK folders.
(my way of getting past the 'liner lock'fad)

I hope you enjoy them all.!!!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 08:04 PM
Nathan House

If you don't have it you need to get it
best I have ever seen
good work Gene O my buddy
Old 06-11-2001, 11:40 AM
Geno

I'm telling on Nathan,
He was the first to order a second copy of the video.
He said he watched it over and over untill his VCR ate the tape.
If he wore it out,I was right to only charge him 1/2 price for the second one.
Wear it out too, Nathan! You are a blessing.
There will be plenty more where that one came from.
Be Blessed Brother!
Old 06-11-2001, 06:27 PM
combs6136

Gene, Thanks for the video..These guys are right on. I really picked up some great tips.....thanks again and keep up the good work......carl
Old 06-12-2001, 12:13 AM
Nathan House

No problem
jsut speaking the truth you get alot for money
any time,thanks for saying I was a blessing that means
god is using me.thanks for twlling me about this forums
I can't stay away from it
Nathan
Old 06-19-2001, 08:28 AM
Geno

I appologize for my boo boo.
We changed brands of tape(because the Sony tapes were sold out)and the RCA tapes we used did not copy as well.
If you have spots on your RCA brand tape that have sound but not a picture, please reurn it for a new copy.
I promise we won't change it up anymore.
I believe at this time, all the bad ones have been replaced, but I wanted to post this just in case someone else experiences it.

Thank you for all the wonderful feed back on the video and I am quite pleased to hear what a help it has been to you all.
That is EXACTLY what I made it for. BE BLESSED!!!

Tags
knife, knives