View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 08:01 PM

metal work sheath work available

I wasn't sure either where to put this or what to call it. Please move if necessary.

I have a client who would like one of my daggers, picture below, and has requested an edge only spring sheath. Unfortunately this is currently beyond my abilities and I don't have the time right now to learn it. The knife is 6 1/2 overall and 3" of blade edge. Here is the description of the sheath request from the client:

"The one thing I'd be curious about is the possibility of having a clip that would go around the edge as an alternative to sheath carry. Maybe a box cross section of steel lined with felt about an 1/8th of an inch wide to cover the edge, or maybe a springy wood clip held in place by friction? Basically I'm looking for the smallest, thinnest covering for the edge that leaves the rest of the blade and handle uncovered."

My thought would be a very thin edge only sheath with a clip hidden by the handle at the back. Not sure if this would work.

If you are interested in this work, please email me at srv@golden.net so we can discuss the project. Price and design will need to be approved by the client.

Thanks
Steve