View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Living Legend

Back when I used to ride motorcycle quite a bit, I became a member of an organization of people of like interest. After several years involvement, I allowed myself to be talked into being hetman of said "club".

It was an impossible task. Here I was attempting to organize and create concensus amongst 250 people who had gotten into the motorcycling thang because individuality and independence of spirit was at its very core! Discussions would rage over the simplest things. Their version of this discussion would be, "What's a real 'biker'?" (In that case, I thought it was silly. In this case, I think the goal has merit but perhaps the realization may be next to impossible for the same reasons.)

Eventually I got tired of that whole idea of organizing anarchists and realized it was a futile cause in the first place, and that the least amount of rules and definitons might be the best thing.

So, I said, "Adios", climbed on that old iron horse, and road off into the sunset, happily doing whatever the heck I wanted to again.........

"I made it. It's a knife." That's enough for me at this time. Good luck with the project, Ray. I admire your efforts.

Last edited by fitzo; 04-09-2007 at 09:40 AM.