View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 07:07 PM
Guru

yeh by no means do i expect much out of this at all just wondering what i can do..as i said in a previous post i was going to take a square bar and mess around with it and see what shape and thickness i could get out of it so i figured if i am going to be beating metal maybe i could experiment with forge welding and see what happens i ended up getting 2 feet of 1/4x1 1/4 of 1080, 2 feet .187x1 of 1080 and 2 feet of .065x1 if 15n20....i have been ridiculously bored recently and will be for the next few weeks so as i said why not at the VERY WORST its a learning experience. Oh i do have another question....i used to have a web page that listed the colors steel gets and APPROXIMATE temp. for that color some how i lost the link does anyone have anything like this?....i was also thinking about getting a temp gauge for HT ing but number one i dont want to spend to much (no more than would be needed) i looked around a lil and seen the IR guns and also the ones that have probes but those are very cunfusing to buy different types of meters and different probes (i think a k type probe would work) any sugestions? thanks again guys