View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Here's my setup. It's not a budget system, I had decided that instead of shopping around trying to find all the parts (Uvalde, Texas doesn't carry many items, believe me), I'd just buy a package deal. This cost a little over $200, but included two cubes, two light recepticals with shields, and two stands. It came with a 30 x 30 x 30 cube, and a 12 x 12 x 12 cube, which they say is free. Anyway, it fit my needs at the time, plus I like the easy way to store it. The first shot is me along with the cube, for size. You can see the small cube on the right side.

Here the lights are on, and I pulled a knife from my collection (one of Jason Cutters Bowies) as a prop. If I were really going to take a picture of the knife, I'd have a different background, etc. It's just there for effect. You can also see my Sony DSC f828 and the Manfrotto tripod, (which I really like, it's lightweight, has a ball head).

When the shooting over, the cubes collapse very easily. They have a wire frame inside, which allowes it to go flat after you figure out the sequence. It takes about 10 seconds to flatten each one,and the only thing I'm left with is the lights, and I haven't figured out how to store/transport them.

Hensarling Custom Knives