View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Steel Addict

It's been awhile since I've been around (moved houses, blah blah, won't thread jack), but I'm back. Over the years, I don't consider myself to be an experienced blade smith, but I do consider myself to be experienced with people. Besides having a professional metallurgical test (proper terminology?) done, you can't prove it. But like others have said the only real thing you have to stand on is you reputation as a knife maker. There is nothing more satisfactory as a prior customer telling a potential customer how awesome your blade is.

That being said, I've always viewed someone questioning my work equal to someone questioning a price I want to give them for anything while bargaining. This is the price I am willing to sell or buy something for, if you don't want to buy, or sell it for that price, so be it. No reason to get offended, or anything, if enough people are willing to buy your product for a certain price, than you don't need to justify yourself to someone. If no one is buying what your selling, then your either talking to the wrong crowd, putting a price on product that isn't worth it.

Last edited by WynnKnives; 03-08-2016 at 08:22 PM.