View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Master

Just a thought, because it'll work dry. You can spring clamp any old fairly stiff scrap sheet plastic to the back of your slack bucket. Set it towards the inside of the bucket, maybe eight, ten inches wide, doesn't matter. Raise it up centered on the running belt, and let the belt cut into it a bit, then clamp it in place so it stays just ticking the belt.

Anyway, hardly any grit follows the belt around, and gets steered down towards the bucket. It just came to mind if you have trouble catching the water before it goes round and sprays. I never tried it with water, but it might take a whole two minutes and should be free to try. You could also sit the bucket on a shelf or stand to bring it up closer to the belt than hanging by the handle allows for.

You're lucky to have that low humidity, are you sure you want the rust. I wanna see a picture of you grinding in rain gear. Probably can't make it out by Steve's place myself this time around. I would really miss it though, no doubt about it.

Best of luck with it, Craig